94

"I'm sorry." Harry whispers. "I should have never picked you. If I had known it'd be like this, I would have left you alone in the first place. I would have never targeted you." He is actually thankful Zayn isn't conscious enough to know he's getting tears onto his clothes. But to be honest, he prefers this, rather than having Zayn want to kill him. He'd rather be holding Zayn, even if it means he can't hold him when he's aware of it.

"I wish you'd wake up. I wish you'd tell me how you're feeling. Because I want to know. I want to know what's wrong." Harry uses his thumb to rub some of the blood away from the cut on his head. "Dammit, I hurt you... I know I've hurt you so many times before this but this hurts worst. I was such a shitty boyfriend to you." Harry wonders if Zayn's heart would flutter the way his just did, hearing that word for the first time. Maybe not.

"If you wake up... I promise to be good and everything. I'll... I'll never hurt you ever again. And when you get well from... whatever it is you've obviously done to yourself, things can be the way they are supposed to be. The way they should have been in the beginning."

When Harry says that, he wipes his eyes on the back of his wrist. What hurts him so much is that there is no confirmation of the things said. There is no confirmation that Zayn will be alright. And there is no confirmation that even if he does recover from this, that they'll ever be what Harry hopes they would be. This stings so badly.

He gives a tug at the cuffs one more time, and ultimately gives up. He knows just like he knew when Zayn first cuffed him that he isn't going anywhere. He is confined to this railing right now. So he may as well stop moving around.

He huddles over Zayn as if it's cold outside; as if he's shielding him from everything bad.

He knows asking for help obviously is no good and so is screaming out. Therefore, he doesn't even try that anymore. He just continues running his fingers through Zayn's hair in a soft, soothing manner, having no choice but to wait patiently until their hero arrives.