84

Zayn wakes up the next day and he has to blink a few times to get his eyes adjusted. His vision is a little unclear and there is a pain shooting through his abdomen. He winces in pain.

He gets up from the bed and walks over to his dresser and there is a bottle of the stuff he drank yesterday, sitting on top. He couldn't sleep last night like he thought he would, so instead of going to sleep at 6:30, he got up and made another bottle of the cloudy mixture. He didn't really fall asleep until sometime after 10:30.

It is now close to 12 in the afternoon and he can't believe he slept for so long. He doesn't remember reading about this making him really drowsy, but that doesn't mean it didn't.

Just like yesterday, he unscrews the top and pinches his nose. He doesn't complain about the taste though. He just chugs it back, catching his breath two times in between. The only reason he's drinking a bottle of this for the second time is because he knows before nine o'clock tonight, what he drank yesterday, is going to come out when he goes to use the bathroom. Again, he wants it to stay in his system as long as it can. So he's replenishing it to make sure it does.

After finishing the bottle, he goes over to the window to find his mother is still gone. He doesn't know where that woman is, and quite frankly he doesn't care. He just wishes he could see her when she finds out he's dead. And he wishes he could see her face when she finds out it was due to suicide. He hopes she sulks in her tears for the rest of her life. She deserves it. She deserves to feel as much pain as he's had to feel.

In a way, Zayn wonders if he's being selfish though. He knows his goal is to make Harry feel his same pain, but now his mother too? Does not wanting to hurt alone make him selfish? Maybe. But he can't think of any other way. Sometimes the way a person chooses is the only way. So that is the light in which he will look at it.

Zayn's stomach growls and he rubs at it softly. It's very miserable when he's feeling pain and he's hungry at the same time. But he remains resolved. You're brave remember? You can do this. He tells himself and it's really all he needs to say to keep from screwing everything up.

He looks down at the floor and his backpack catches his eye. He forgot he still has to make sure everything is in it and ready for tonight. But he needs to shower first. So he leaves the window, grabs a clean pair of underwear from his dresser and he makes his way down the hallway to the bathroom.