89

"One... Get Harry to want me." Zayn frowns. "This step took the longest. I didn't think I'd have to ask you for sex for you to want me either. I thought a large part of what we shared wasn't based on that. But I guess I was wrong so I did what I had to do."

Harry gives him a confused look. "What?... So all this time, that was just a-"

"Step two. Buy a knife." He holds up the knife. "Did you know this knife cost me one hundred and thirty five dollars plus tax? Came with a sheath and everything. I used my mother's credit card to buy it. I really wish I could be there to see how she reacts when she sees that one hundred and fifty dollars just vanished from ger bank account."

Harry moves away from Zayn at those words and pushes his back flat up against the side of the bridge.

"Three. Get inside Harry's house. You kept wanting to give me time but I didnt want time. That's why I had to do step one. That was the only way I knew to get you because you never have controlled yourself around me. That's why I think you only like me for my body."

"No, that's not true-"

"Step four." But he says it louder to send a message to Harry that he isn't happy about constantly being interrupted. "Take his handcuffs and his camcorder. That was easy. I just took them when you had your shower. Then I threw everything in my backpack before you came out."

"I wanted your phone too because of the pictures you took of me. But I had to wait until now to get it or else you would have suspected it was me when you couldn't find it and you probably would have found out I took your other things too. I couldn't risk you knowing I was planning something."

Harry can't bring himself to believe any of this, even as Zayn is speaking. It's hard to fathom a 16 year old boy being capable doing these things, yet alone Zayn, his princess.

"Five." But he squeals that out because his stomach feels like it's on fire and it's as if someone is stabbing him with a spear. "Five says to lure Harry to the bridge. Obviously that worked because well..." He shrugs for effect. "You're here, at the bridge. Six. Drink the poison."

Harry's eyes grow big but he doesn't say anything yet.

"Did you know if you look up ways to kill yourself on the internet, it'll actually tell you?"

Harry shakes his head. "No."

"Well, did you know bleach and rubbing alcohol make chloroform?"

"No."

"I didn't either. That is until the internet told me. And in the process of all that, I found out that consuming methanol through the mouth and in large amounts is bad and can kill you quickly. And methanol is found in rubbing alcohol. Can you believe it?"

He doesn't  answer this time.

"So I just poured it all in a bottle and added a little antifreeze that I found in the garage and made a mixture. I can't believe that out of all the things on that list, I had the guts to intentionally poison myself. But now that I have, I'll be the first to tell you that it doesn't feel good at all. It hurts and I just want it to be over."

"You're joking Zayn..." Harry whispers.

"Nope."

"But you can't, Zayn. You can't do that. Why are you purposely making yourself sick?"

"Shut up, Harry. You don't really care." Zayn says and he's annoyed by him. "Plus you're asking about the wrong thing anyway. Because step seven is way more serious and you might want to hear this."

"What's step seven?" Harry asks and his shaky voice gives away how terrified he is. "What's seven, Zayn?"

"Are you sure you're ready for it?"

"Yes, tell me!"

Zayn doesn't even look at the paper this time. "Kill Harry."