Chapter 21

•Savannah's POV•

I stood in his arms, still shocked by the fact that he had just proposed to me. He had to have been planning this for a while now.

"Babe?" Cal asked. I looked up to him, and he wiped from beneath my eyes. Was I really still crying?

"Yeah Cal?" I replied.

"I can't tell you how nervous I was to just do that. I really thought you were going to say no." He chuckled. I frowned, wondering what would've happened if I had said no.

"Well, you had no reason to be nervous. I was just shocked that you actually proposed. You're braver than you take credit for, baby." He smirked as I finished my sentence.

"Baby?" He repeated, making me blush.

"Well yeah. You called me babe, so I just thought-" he cut me off before I had the chance to finish.

"I'm not saying I didn't like it, trust me, I thought it was hot as fuck. That was just the first time you've called me that." He reassured me, swaying from side to side with me still in his arms. I laughed at his comment.

"Do you think we should get back? I don't want to leave Luke in charge forever." I suggested.

Cal grumbled and pulled me to the car by my hand. I walked back to the tree and grabbed our stuff, seeing as he wasn't going to. I walked back to the car and set the stuff in the back seat before carefully sitting down in the passenger seat. I gasped as a shooting pain shot through my stomach. I winced and carefully shifted into a more comfortable position. Calum seemed to notice as his features had softened and he looked worried.

"What's wrong?" He asked quickly, reaching over to me.

I held his hand and took deep breaths before repositioning myself, the pain finally dulling. By now I had a few tears running along my cheeks. Damn that hurt.

"Just hurts, that's all." I replied, feeling really embarrassed that he was seeing cry over something so stupid. He probably thinks I'm a big baby.

"Babe, I'm sorry. You know, I'm proud of you for being able to get through all of this by yourself. And I'm sorry I wasn't there, but I'm here now, and I want to help." He stated, gently pulling my chin towards him so that I was now looking him straight in the eyes.

"Thank you." I whispered. He smiled lightly, turning that car on, still holding my hand.

He didn't look okay though. Something was off. I shrugged to myself, knowing that he wouldn't notice. Either way I was going to get it out of him. So here goes nothing.

"What's wrong Cal?"

Silence.

"Now I know something's wrong. Please tell me."

"I'm fine." He said through his teeth.

"No your not." I retorted.

"I SAID IM FINE!" He argued, raising his voice.

I flinched at his tone, becoming afraid. He pulled his hand away from mine, and focused on the road, rage running across his face. I turned to face the window, trying to hide the fact that I was on the merge of tears. This is why I wanted him to stay away in the first place!

"Savannah I-"

"Calum, don't. I just need some space." I cut him off.

He kept his head low while I got out of the car and ran inside, looking for Luke and Willow.

"Look who's here Willow!" Luke cheered, walking over to me.

I took her out of Luke's arms and watched as she smiled at me. I looked over to see Luke searching behind me. I turned around and saw no one, so I looked at him with confusion written all over my face.

"So, where's your hubby to be?" He smirked.

My face dropped a bit and I shook my head, signaling that it didn't go well. He pouted as tears began running down my cheeks.

"What happened?"

I just shook my head again and hurried to my room with Willow. I knew Luke was right on my heels, but I didn't bother locking the door, so I simply just closed it on him and waited for him to knock as I knew he would. And he did.

"Open the door." I heard him say. I set Willow on my bed, propping her up on my pillow. The I got up and opened the door, shoving my arms around Luke, yanking him in the room. He closed the door behind us.

"He proposed. I said yes. We got in the car. I could something was bugging him. He refused to tell me and got ticked off. Then he yelled and I got out of the car and walked inside. Now I'm here." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry. I knew his plans for tonight, and I hoped things would go perfectly, but I guess not." He sighed.

"Where is he anyway?" Luke asked. I froze. He didn't come inside after me. Where could he be then?

*****
•Calum's POV•

Why did I have to be such a dick! Ugh. I wanted this to go perfectly, but no. I had to be an asshole to her and now she probably doesn't even want to marry me!

I parked my car and walked into the bar. I ordered a beer and as I was about to take a sip, I thought of Savannah and Willow. They wouldn't want me home drunk, and neither would Luke. Hell. Neither would I. I paid for the drink anyways, still leaving it at the counter, and walked back to my car.

I pulled out my phone to find six missed calls and eleven texts from Savannah and two missed calls from Luke. Fuck.

"Hello?" I answered to another call from Savannah.

"Oh my god. Where are you?" Her muffled voice spoke into the phone. Was she crying?

"I'm on my way back to your place now. What's wrong? What happened? Is Willow alright?" I asked, panicking a bit.

"She's fine. It's you who I'm worried about. Why didn't you just come inside and run after me, dammit! I got scared that you just left for good and ugh!" She sobbed.

"I'm sorry, Savannah. I just needed to cool off before I did anything else I would regret." I sighed, taking in a few sharp breaths.

"It's fine. I understand, just be home soon please? It's getting dark." She said sternly yet kindly.

"I promise, just know that I-"

The sound glass breaking and my car flipping over caused my chest to tighten, and the impact cut my sentence off.

"CALUM?! CALUM! ARE YOU OKAY?!" Savannah screeched though the phone. My vision began to blur and black spots clouded my eyes. I couldn't manage to push words out. No. This can't be. I need to get to my family. No!

"CALUM WHAT HAPPENED?!" I heard her scream one last time before everything went black.

******
A/N
Sorry this chapter once again took me a while. Leave comments on how you like the story 😊. I love you guys' opinions. Enjoy!