Chapter 16

•Luke's POV•

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. A Doctor was speaking to Savannah. Her face seemed to brighten at his words, so it must be some sort of good news. I sat straight up, and folded my arms over my chest, waiting for the doctor to leave. Both of them seemed to notice my sudden movement, considering the fact that both of them were staring at me.

The doctor gave me a slight smile and sauntered out of the room, leaving me and my sister alone.

"Guess what?" She squealed. I chuckled at her excitement.

"Oh. Em. Gee. Whet?!" I said, trying to imitate her.

"Very funny, Luke. We get to go home!" She exclaimed.

"Okay. I'll call mum and tell her to bring the stuff, and then we can go." I replied, taking out my phone and dialing my mum's number.

****
•Savannah's POV•

Mum brought a bag full of things for the car ride home, and Willow's car seat. Luke helped me into the car, since I had to be extra careful with my stitches. Then he got Willow in the car and rode shotgun. I smiled as I watched my beautiful daughter suppress a smile while sleeping.

"Honey. I've got something to tell you." My mum said, looking into the mirror, seeing my reflection.

"Alright." I gulped.

"I have to go on a business trip that I unfortunately can't cancel, so Luke and I talked it over last night while you were sleeping, and he and the boys are going to stay with you." She explained, calmly. I gasped, trying not to make it too obvious.

One word. Calum. He was coming to my house. And he would be taking care of me and his daughter. The fucking opposite of what I wanted. Dammit!

"Okay." I hissed.

"Mike and Ashton won't be here for two weeks, and Calum will be here in two days. Luke said, not bothering to glance up at me in the mirror. I huffed.

I hate to admit it, but I do miss him. He may have been a dick, but he's still the father of Willow. I don't want her to not grow up without her father. Why am I such a fuck up?

"You're not a fuck up, Savannah." Luke retorted, looking at me from the car door, which he had already opened for me.

"I said that out loud, didn't I?" I asked. He just merely nodded and helped me out of the car. I grabbed Willow's car seat and walked to the front door of my house.

I walked inside and set Willow down in the living room for a few seconds. Luke walked behind me and set his suitcases down on the floor. Then he pulled Willow out of her car seat and sat down on the couch. I stood from the doorway of the kitchen, hoping I wouldn't be noticed.

"Hey Willow. I'm your uncle Luke. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise. You have me, your mommy, uncle Ash, uncle Mike, and your daddy. But you won't know that for a while so, uncle Cal for now." He babbled.

A tear slipped down my cheek. I wasn't going to let that happen. Willow needs her father. I heard a few whimpers, but Luke seemed to get her under control before I decided to walk over to the couch.

"I'm gonna to spoil you so bad. Your mommy is gonna hate me. But don't worry, that won't stop me from being your bestest friend in the whole world. I'll always be there for you, Willow. You can count on me for that." He chuckled. Okay that's it. I can't stop crying now.

"That was so cute Luke. I swear, you're going to be such a great dad one day, and I'm not kidding when I say that." I said, my heart melting over how cute this was.

"Thanks Savannah. You Willow deserve the best, and I'm not kidding when I say that." I laughed. Luke handed me Willow, and I snuggled her to my chest.

"I'll be back in a few minutes, someone's getting hungry." I said. Luke scrunched up his nose.

"I really didn't need to hear that." He said, shivering. I laughed.

"What are sisters for?" I yelled, walking to my room. I fed Willow, burped her, and then walked back down stairs to find Luke passed out on the couch. I silently awed and threw a blanket over him.

"I know you can't hear me, but you're the greatest brother in the whole world. And I can't thank you enough for all you've done for me." I whispered, kissing his cheek. I got up and started walking to the kitchen, but I heard something that stopped me dead in my tracks.

"I know I am." Luke said. He heard me. I laughed and proceeded into the kitchen. I put Willow in the bassinet I had placed there earlier in the week.

I pulled out some chicken, noodles, chicken broth, and carrots. I put a lot on the stove and boiled some water for the noodles. The I chopped up the carrots and cooked them until they got soft. Then I cut up the chicken into small pieces and added them to the carrots. I poured the broth and the freshly cooked noodles into the pot and stirred it all around until everything was done cooking and soaking up all the broth. I grabbed two bowls and two spoons from the cabinet.

"Luke!" I yelled.

The sleepy blonde walked in looking drowsy, his hair a complete mess. I handed him a bowl and spoon.

"Chicken noodle soup, eh?" He asked, smiling at me.

"Yup. Just like how mom used to make it."

"Heh. Those were the days." He mumbled, scooping the soup into his bowl and then sat down in the dining room.

I did the same and joined him at the table. I dragged the bassinet over with us so I could keep an eye on Willow.

"So. There's a change in plans."

"Oh?" I said, wondering what the change could be.

"Calum's coming tomorrow."

*****
A/N
Sorry this one was late. I tried keeping up with this along with school and sports, but it didn't work out so well, but hey, I still got another chapter in. Love y'all!