Chapter 11

•Calum's POV•

I've been thinking for the past two days about what Savannah told me, and yet I'm still clueless to what's going on with her. I just want to be there for her and make sure she's alright. But whenever I try, she gets all weird and then I get mad. Everything's so complicated. And I really want to fix that. So I'm going to talk to her today.

*****
•Savannah's POV•

I have my doctors appointment today at 11. It's currently 10:16, and I still have no one to take me. So I walked over to The boys' bunks.

"Which one of you wants to take me to the doctor?" I asked, my eyes averting to each bunk.

"Why do you need to go to the doctor?" Calum asked.

"Well, um, girl stuff. You wouldn't understand." I shook my head. Cal smirked.

"Sav, I would love to take you but I really got to start writing new songs, and so do Mike and Ash. But, Cal doesn't have anything, so maybe he'll take you?" Luke said, looking at me then Calum. I'll get you back for that one Luke.

"Yeah, sure. What time?"

"11." I replied.

"Well then, we might as well get there early." Calum suggested, getting out of his bunk and grabbing his shoes.

"We'll just get a cab, then we'll you boys up at the show tonight for rehearsals. Sound good?"

"Yep." All four of the boys said in unison.

I walked off the bus and Calum followed closely behind. The bus had just stopped for gas, so we got off and hailed a cab to take us to the doctors.

*****
•Calum's POV•

We arrived at the doctor within fifteen minutes of being in the cab. Savannah tried to pay for it but I insisted on paying. She got out and quickly walked inside before me. I shrugged it off and walked behind her, not feeling like running.

By the time I got inside, she had already been sitting down, waiting to be called by the doctor. She had a really nervous look on her face, which made me think that this was more than just a checkup. But for now, I'll believe what she says.

"Miss. Hemmings." A nurse calls out.

Savannah stands up and I was just about to follow her.

"I'll be out in a few minutes okay?" She said, smiling sympathetically.

"Yeah, okay." I said, sitting back down. Now I know for sure somethings up.

******
•Savannah's POV•

That was close. But it is his kid. But he still doesn't know that so it doesn't matter right now. I followed the nurse into the room, laying down on the bed, and pulling my shirt up so she could put the gel on my stomach.

"Hold on. Can you grab the boy from the waiting room. I usually have someone in the room with me, but please, don't tell him that I'm pregnant. I don't want him to know yet. So could you just say that this was a regular routine kinda thing?" I asked.

"Of course honey. I'll be right back. Before I bring him in, would you like me to take some pictures of the baby for you to take with?"

"Yes please. And I would like to find out the gender too, just make sure he's out of the room before you bring the doctor in." I said.

"Alright dear, I'll be back in a second."

I laid my head back and closed my eyes for a few seconds, only to open them back up to an open door with the nurse and Calum walking in. He stopped at the doorway for a bit. I furrowed my eyebrows and held my hand out. He walked over to me slowly and took my hand. I gave him a small squeeze to ensure that I was alright.

The gel was cold against my skin, as the little scanning wand slid back and forth across my stomach. The ultrasound screen was facing away from us, which I was glad for. I looked over at Calum and smiled, which he hesitantly returned.

"Well, sweetheart, everything looks good. The doctor will be in in a minute." The nurse said, leaving the room.

I wiped the gel off of my stomach all pulled down my shirt. Calum was just staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"This isn't a regular checkup is it?" He asked, looking down at his feet.

"Yes it is. Why do think otherwise?"

"Savannah. I'm just worried about you okay? First you throw up like five different times in only two days, then you go to the doctor for a 'checkup' I just want to know what's going on." I sighed.

"I'm fine. I promise. If something was wrong I would've told you, okay?" I said, trying to reassure him that I was fine.

He stood up, nodded, and walked out of the room as the doctor had just walked in. Perfect timing.

"So Miss. Hemmings, how have you been?" The doctor asked, looking at his charts.

"Good. Haven't had a whole lot of morning sickness until this past week." I replied.

"That's good. Now I have some good news and some bad news. Which would you like first?" He asked. My heart sank. A lump began to form in my throat. Bad news. What's wrong with my baby?!

"Good news?" I choked.

"Well your going to be having a beautiful baby girl." I gasped. I've always wanted a girl!

"What about the bad news?" I asked, remembering there was still that.

"There's a chance she could develop Down syndrome. It's not a very high chance, but it's still there. But don't worry, it has nothing to do with you. You have done nothing wrong at all." The doctor said.

My heart dropped to my stomach, and my eyes began to water.

"I'm so sorry. Here's your pictures." He said, handing me the ultrasound pictures.

I got up and walked out of the room, looking for Calum. He was at the front desk paying for my bill. I slowly walked over to him.

"Savannah, what's wrong?" Cal asked, pulling me into a hug.

"Can we please leave?" I sobbed into his shirt.

"Yeah, let's go." He replied, picking me up, and carrying me out of the building to hail a cab.

He set me inside and sat next to me. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"So. Are you going to tell me what's wrong now?" He asked. If only he knew.

I shook my head and looked down at my lap. He sighed and lifted my head from his shoulder and rested it against the window instead. If only this car ride would go by quicker.