Chapter 92: History Repeats

Reika ran through the forest, making her way to Ninjago as fast as possible. Reika heard a roar and quickly hid; she looked up to see the council and Lloyd searching for her on Dragonides.

"Just my luck," Reika mutters "they've really been planning."

Reika waits for a clear sky before running once again through the forest. She heard a noise and quickly hid behind a tree, she sighed before peeking back out, only to see the council and Lloyd surrounding her. Reika quickly ran again.

"Stop her!" Lloyd shouts and they chase her.

Reika stops at a cliff before turning around to face the council.

"Just give up Reika," Lloyd says "You have nothing left to fight for."

"There's always something to fight for Lloyd," Reika replies "I'm sorry for what happened to you guys in the past, I really am. But this, this isn't going to change anything, this isn't going to make things better."

"You know nothing." Lloyd states as the council moved towards Reika.

Just then, the Destiny's Bounty rises behind her. Wu and Nya stand on the deck of the Bounty, as Reika turns around to see them.

"Reika!" they shout.

"You're alive!" Reika cries.

"No." Lloyd looks shocked "That's impossible!"

"Reika! Come!" Wu calls out.

Reika jumps across for Nya to catch her and place her on deck.

"I got ya!" Nya smiles.

Reika smiles "Nya! Master Wu!"

"Hang on! We're not in the clear yet!" Wu turns to the dragons.

"Wu-ser! You're still alive?" Aspheers laughs.

Wu sees her weapon "Is that the Sword of Fire?"

"What a wonderful surprise!" Aspheera readies her weapon.

"If you like surprises, you're going to love this!" Wu holds up his communicator "Zane, are you standing by?

"Affirmative" Zane confirms.

"Fire at will!" Wu commands

Zane flies in on his jet and shoots at the villains while Nya fires cannons at the villains. The Mechanic falls from his Dragonide. The heroes soon manage to drive the council away.

"I can't believe you're all alive!" Reika turns to the group happily.

Wu turns and spots an army of soldiers in the distance.

"What's that?" Nya asks worriedly.

"It's Aria." Reika replies, turning to her "They... they've got hell waiting."

Wu gasps before talking into his communicator "Cole. Kai. Do you copy?"

"We copy." Cole responds.

"We're holding up the jungle perimeter." Kai says, "Standing by if you need us."

"Negative. Pull back. All of you!" Wu tells them "We are not ready for this."

"Sensei," Reika takes his arm "I think it's time you've come clean to us. What really happened all those years ago?"

"I..." Wu looks off at Del before sighing and turning to her "You're right, to fight this enemy, I must face what I- we have done."

Later that day, the ninja gathered around Wu as he sat in his chair.

"We tried to make things better," Wu starts off "Layla and I were exchanging messages long before Aria took the throne. Layla wished for her kingdom to remain as they were, left alone. Svern and Aria wanted their people to be allowed within Ninjago."

"What did you want?" Kai questions.

"I wished for us to meet in the middle," Wu replies "I feared that the people of Ninjago would react as they always have to new things. With fear and anger. I wanted the elemental masters to be the mediators, but Aria did not want that."

"Aria wanted full access to Ninjago," Zane states "She wanted the kingdoms to be joined."

"Right, but negotiations failed, and the elemental masters agreed it would be better to keep them within Del." Wu sighs "We thought it was best at the time, so that the people of Del could be free to be themselves, without being judged. Especially for the beasts."

"What was your deal with Layla?" Reika asks with a harsh tone.

"She wanted us to put up a barrier," Wu explains. "A barrier to keep the citizens of Del within their walls."

"And you, did it?!" Kai questions angrily.

"We thought it was best-"

"That's exactly why we're facing this problem!" Reika cut Wu off "Everyone in this world thinks they know what's best."

"Reika right," Zane agrees "history has been repeating itself thanks to those pushing their beliefs."

"This revenge, is coming from a dark place in Aria and Lloyd's hearts." Jay says quietly. The group looks at him as he faces them. "But we're forced to tell them they're wrong... I don't know how to do this."

"The safety of all Ninjago is at stake," Wu sighs "once again my mistakes have caught up to me. This fight is the hardest we will have faced up till now. Nobody, is prepared for this."