Chapter 63: The Quiet One, Game of Masks

Aria hummed at the ruined palace where the white knights sat around her, enjoying their meal by the fire.

"You think Lloyd's made it yet?" Aria asks them.

"I'm sure he's fine," Hanabusa replies "It's been a while since we've all had a camp together. Brings me back to the good old days."

"Indeed, things are about to get a lot livelier." Aria tells them "Once Sensei's back, our plans are going to go into full swing."

"What kind of person was Garmadon after the darkness took hold?" Rima asks as she sits beside Hanabusa.

"Hm, he was devoted to his task." Aria replies after thought "He did his best to guide me and Lloyd through the ways of the world and took me to my father. He was like another dad for me, always looking out for us."

"Well, I can't wait to meet him." Hanabusa smiles.

-

"It's fine princess, I'll go through the danger infested forest to help retrieve the last Oni mask." Lloyd rants as he cuts through the vines in Primeval's Eye "I should've brought Hanabusa with me, he'd at least be a good human shield."

Lloyd cut through a vine to revel a temple behind the waterfalls.

"Let's hope I got a head start," Lloyd mutters before jumping down the cliff.

Lloyd heads inside the Oni Temple where the first trial consisted of pillars, he jumps on top of one. Lloyd then jumps on a pillar with a carving on it, it starts to crumble, he quickly jumps to safety.

"Great, puzzles." Lloyd sighs "This is really irritating."

After getting past the trial, he entered the end of the cave that has a narrow path leading to a circular platform with a box containing the mask, where Reika and Harumi already stood.

"Crap," Lloyd mutters as he hides in a corner before the opening "So much for my head start."

Harumi gasps "The Mask of Hatred" She strides over to the mask tries to grab it but fails "Only someone with Oni blood can take the mask."

"So, we came all this way for nothing?" Reika questions "We'd have to station here to protect it." She sighs "If only Wu was here."

Harumi peered behind her at Lloyd, who's eyes were glowing pink, thinking of a plan.

"Why don't we go back and find the ninja?" Harumi suggests "There's nothing we can do here after all."

"Nah, they'd find us here." Reika replies "We don't know how far away the Sons of Garmadon are, i gotta stay here to protect it."

"Ugh," Harumi growls "I was trying to be subtle about it, but you're a stubborn one."

"Huh?" Reika turns to her looking confused "What do you mean?"

A pink glow came from under Reika, and she looked down to see a star shape.

"Shit," Reika curses.

Pink chains emerge and wrap around Reika before pulling her down to the ground.

"Harumi run!" Reika shouts.

Lloyd came out from his hiding spot and approached Harumi.

"Took you long enough," Harumi tells him annoyedly.

"I'm not as strong with incantations as Aria," Lloyd replies as he walked past her. "It takes me longer to cast them."

"What?" Reika looked between then "Tater tot! You mean, you are working with the Sons of Garmadon!"