Chapter 53: Day of the Departed

"Why are we doing this again?" Lloyd questions.

Lloyd stood beside Aria as a few of the citizens attempted to break the doors to the temple of time. The temple of time stood opposite to the temple of darkness, where they regained their powers years ago.

"It's the Day of the Departed your highness," Lloyd says after not getting a response from Aria. "Shouldn't we prepare to hold the ceremony of lights?"

"What use is a ceremony honoring my parents when only one lies in their grave?" Aria asks as she turns to face Lloyd.

They hear a crack and turn to face the people who had successfully broken through the door.

"Move!" Lloyd commands.

The people stand to the sides, making way for their ruler. Lloyd took Aria's hand before leading her through the crowd and into the temple of time. Inside stood 5 half columns with objects floating between them, 3 missing.

"No way," Lloyd mutters.

Aria approached the center of the temple where an alter stood with the body of a man who had long black hair.

"A little late as always," Aria smiles as she holds up a lantern to the body "I finally found you father."

The crowd of people muttered as Aria touched her father's hand.

"That's.. father's body?" Lloyd questions as he approached them.

"Mhm," Aria nods "I think it's time we put him to rest beside mother." She turns to Lloyd "Don't you think?"

"Yes," Lloyd agrees with a sad look.

-

Cole arrives at the Temple of Airjitzu.

"All right, I'm here Zero, Show yourself!" Cole calls out "You hear me? Show yourself."

"Even as a child you were always so loud."

Cole turned around to see the ghostly figure of his cousin Zero, more vivid then the last time he saw him. Even when a ghost he stood out like a sore thumb, his silver hair and eyes, with a scar on his chest.

"Why did you call for me?" Cole asks. "On today of all days."

"The eclipse the other night," Zero looks out at the sky "You saw it too right."

"Yeah, it's to signify the return of a tyrant." Cole tells him. "What of it?"

"It's the return of my older sister isn't it?" Zero asks with a smile, as he turned back to Cole.

"You remember her?" Cole questions confused.

"Of course I do," Zero chuckles "I met her a few times in my youth."

"So she was still alive when you were born, that doesn't make sense." Cole says.

"You are still confused about the events of the past Cole," Zero shakes his head "I devoted my life to training the best students, in order to stop her."

"Stop her from what?" Cole asks.

"Loosing her mind." Zero responds.

Cole gasps "Is that what this is all about? Why everyone's trying so hard to 'save' her?"

"Darkness is doomed to consume everything around them, including those who wield the power." Zero replies. "Do you know why this Day of the Departed is so important?"

"Cause of the Yin-Yang lunar eclipse?" Cole questions.

"Yes, on this day many ghosts are able to escape the realm of the departed and cross over." Zero tells him.