Chapter 39: Stiix and Stones

"I thought Rima stopped them," Aria complains when they see the ninja head into Ronin's shop.

"I was stupid to think she could stop them alone," Morro sighs "We'll need to get more help."

"What do we do now?" Lloyd questions "We can't-"

Morro and Aria turn to Lloyd who was staring out at the water.

"What's wrong?" Morro asks

"I thought I saw something.. green." Lloyd replies.

"It's him," Morro says "We have to get the scroll."

The group walks behind Ronin's shop, the ninja and Ronin seemed to be arguing before the ninja headed out.

"I'll keep a watch, you got this right?" Morro asks.

"Of course, you can trust us with this much." Lloyd answers.

Morro stands outside while the two head inside, just as Ronin checks the vase where the scroll of airjitzu is actually hiding.

"Hehe" Ronin laughs "what a bunch of idiots"

Ronin turns around and shouts in fear when he comes face to face with Aria and Lloyd.

"Y-you can't be back," Ronin takes a step back "The moon- there were no signs!"

"You don't look very happy to see us Ronin," Lloyd says "why is that?"

"I thought you would've missed us," Aria adds.

"What do you want?!" Ronin trips as he walks back and lands on his ass. "I don't have anything."

"I think this would do nicely," Aria says as she takes the scroll of airjitzu out of the vase.

"Hold on you can't take that!" Ronin shouts as he gets on his feet.

Lloyd holds his sword out so that the tip was right below Ronin's neck "Last time I checked I own you, what is yours is mine, and what's mine of course belongs to her highness."

"I'm no longer a citizen of Del," Ronin says "I'm not for you two boss around anymore!"

"As long as that mark is on your arm, you're a citizen of Del." Lloyd responds as his eyes glow pink "Or have you forgotten?"

"...I've never forgotten." Ronin replies quietly.

"Mark on his arm?" Aria mutters confused.

"Good then," Lloyd smiles as he lowers his sword. "have any objections to us taking the scroll now?"

"Of course not," Ronin replies, gritting his teeth. "May her majesty do what she pleases, I am nothing but her humble subject."

"You better remember that then," Lloyd says before putting his arm around Aria's waist.

Lloyd leads Aria out and closes the door behind them. They look up to see Morro and new ghost guards, that wore the same white uniform as Rima, battling the ninja.

"I have it let's go!" Aria calls out to them before running off.

"Aria and Lloyd have the scroll!" Kai shouts to the others.

The ghosts all follow the plan and head to the meet up point, disappearing from the area. Aria throws the scroll to Lloyd before jumping from the building, landing on Morro's dragon below. The ninja quickly chase after Lloyd, with Jay falling down a roof again.

Everyone uses a telephone wire to swing to another building, but Zane is left behind.

"Looks like it's just the two of us now." When Kai and Cole jump across buildings, Cole's jump is too short and he falls. "Whoa! Go, Kai!"

Lloyd leads him to the docks, he jumps up and lands on a far out pole, almost loosing balance but catches himself. Kai on the other hand, gets grabbed by strangle weed on top of his pole.

"Looks like you overestimated yourself," Lloyd chuckles.

"I don't get why you're siding with her?!" Kai shouts "Your father risked his life to stop Chen, what the hell is wrong with you?! He's done everything he could to put you down the right path!"

"That's because you don't get it," Lloyd tells him "in the past, present, and future. All I will have is her, if you knew the things I do.. you wouldn't be questioning me."

Kai stares at him before finally saying something "That really was you two in the past, wasn't it?"

"You visited us in the past with my father, you all were the reason we died." Lloyd says as his eyes glow pink "If Aria didn't use her powers to destroy the mega weapon then we would've won against the rebels."

"How do you remember that.. how would that have happened?!" Kai questions confused.

"I remember, a lot more then her." Lloyd responds "It's killing me.. to know all these things and still not know everything."

"Lloyd," Kai says sympathetically.

"Time is a loop, it always happens." Lloyd says as Morro flies over on his dragon.

Morro lands beside Lloyd so that he could board the dragon.

"Don't do it Lloyd!" Kai shouts.

The two fly away and meet up with the ghosts and Aria.

"Lloydie!" Aria waves to him from beside the ghosts.

One of the ghosts were crying, Lloyd raised his eyebrow questionably as he jumps from Morro's dragon.

"Did I miss something?" Lloyd asks.

"Only that he's happy to see us," Aria replies as she turns to the crying guard "Right Hanabusa?"

"Mhm," the guard, Hanabusa, nods as he wipes his tears. "It's just.. I'm so happy. You two are alive again."

Morro stands by all the ghosts as Lloyd and Aria stand beside each other.

"So I think it's time for introductions," Morro says "these are your former white knights. They protected you for many years before they died in the battle against the rebels."

"We're failures," Hanabusa cries. "We couldn't do anything in the end."

"You're not," Lloyd puts his hand on Hanabusa's shoulder "you all died protecting your princess. You should be proud for the fight you put up."

"Lloyd.." Hanabusa says as he wipes his tears.

"Do you remember them?" Aria asks Lloyd confused.

"Yeah," Lloyd responds before patting Aria's head "don't worry about it ok."

"But I..." Aria looked down sadly "don't remember."