Chapter 9: Once Bitten, Twice Shy

Aria stood beside Pythor as they stared at the piece of paper, the generals standing around them. Lloyd was still in the cage watching them from afar.

"It says nothing about where the four Fangblades are hidden. Have our ancestors left us nothing? Where are they?" Skales asks impatiently

"Decoding messages are harder than you think old man," Aria says annoyed "Let me think."

"Old man?!" Skales turns to Pythor "Can she go back in the cage now?!"

"Quiet now," Pythor waves him off before pointing to a line in the parchment "This, here. This must be a clue. When five fangs unite as one, the path toward the Devourer has begun."

"Yes, when the five tribes unite- We've done all this!" Skales shouts frustrated "It means nothing. If you don't find out soon, the others will begin to ask questions, and soon they will start to think you don't know what you are doing."

"It's obvious he doesn't," Aria points out with a smirk "or else he wouldn't be asking a 10-year-old."

"I will put you back in the cage," Pythor glares at her

"Oh no solitary confinement," Aria replies mockingly

"..put her back in the cage," Pythor tells Skales

Skales grabs Aria by the shoulders and pushes her back into the cage with Lloyd before locking it behind her.

"Did you see anything useful?" Lloyd asks her

"Nothing to get us both out," Aria sighs

"So we're stuck here?" Lloyd groans "This is worse than school."

"Just give me more time Lloyd," Aria says "As long as I do what they say, they won't hurt us."

"...do they know?" Lloyd asks in a serious tone, glancing at her.

"I think Pythor does," Aria replies

"But how?" Lloyd asks "We've been careful."

"I don't know, but there's no need to panic." Aria responds "We just need, to pretend."

Later that day, Pythor is still trying to find the fangblades.

"Where are the four Fangblades?" Fangtom asks

"What if there is no map?" Acidicus questions

"I know, I know! But I don't know where to look!" Pythor shouts in frustration

The generals then began taking their staffs back as Pythor growled in annoyance. Aria holds back a laugh as he turns to her. Aria shrugs and shifts her eyes down to the ground. Pythor turns in the direction she is looking at. Two of the generals accidentally hit each other, dropping their Stafd and Pythor sees their anti-venom mixing together.

"That's it!" Pythor shouts

"What's it?" Skales questions

Pythor recollects the Serpentine Staffs "The Map of Fangs. It's been right in front of us all this time. When the five fangs unite as one, the path toward the Devourer has begun! It's not speaking of the five tribes, it's the venom in the five Staffs."

He slides a piece of paper under the venom which creates a map "Behold, the locations of the four Silver Fangblades!" everyone cheers "Soon, the Great Devourer will be unleashed and Ninjago will be ours!"

Lloyd looks at Aria who didn't looked surprised in the slightest.

"You're scary you know that," Lloyd tells her

"That's why we make a good team," Aria responds

"Yes, yes we do." Lloyd chuckles

-