Chapter 23: It's Not Over

"These kids are unteachable!"

Kai, Jay, Cole, and Zane stood together in the teacher's lounge while the kids were outside playing. They had only opened the school a few months ago and already despised it.

"Headmaster Wu, couldn't we have-"

"I don't want to hear it, I'm on break." Wu responds as he walked into the other room

Jay sighs "Most of the kids don't even want to be here, not to mention the creepy ones."

"Creepy ones?" Cole questions

"I mean Ariana," Jay replies "Ariana always just pops up out of nowhere and scares me. Not to mention she wears purple.. purple!"

"Uh, are we discriminating against the kids based on what color they like?" Kai asks

"No but that color gives me the creeps now," Jay shivers "I can't stop thinking about the way Aria acted the last time we saw her. It gives me nightmares."

"She did go insane." Zane agrees "Even I still get malfunctions thinking about it."

"Anyone think it's strange that we haven't seen Aria or Lloyd in awhile," Cole points out "they did declare they were after us."

"That's what I'm saying!" Jay stands up

"Relax guys," Nya says as she walks into the room "It's a good thing we haven't seen them in awhile. It means Ninjago is safe, for now."

"Yeah, for now." Kai crosses his arms "I bet they're planning all the horrible schemes they could come up with."

"They are only children," Wu tells the ninja as he walks back into the room "but time will tell if they are a threat or not."

"We should be training then, not babysitting!" Jay argues

"A little peace, is not a bad thing." Wu says "WE must train the minds of tomorrow, before tomorrow comes."

The ninja sigh as the bell rang, signaling classes were about to start. They groaned before heading back to their classrooms.

-

Back in the town ruins the children called home, Lloyd was busy typing away at a computer when Aria walked in.

"How did you get your hands on that?" Aria questions

"Ah!" Lloyd jumped before spinning around in his chair to face her "Be more careful when you walk in idiot! You scared me."

"I can't help that you're a little bitch baby," Aria responds crossing her arms.

"Am not," Lloyd says

"Are too," Aria replies as she walks into the next room.

"Aria!"

Aria ran back into the room to see Lloyd's computer screen flashing red. Aria walked up and stared at it.

"What did you do?" Aria questions as she tried to type things

"Nothing, it just started doing that." Lloyd replied

Suddenly, the image changed to the digital Overlord who was laughing. Lloyd stood up and Aria stopped touching the computer.

"Did you miss me dear?" the digital Overlord asks

"Daddy!" Aria says happily "You're not dead?"

"I'm.." the digital Overlord looked up before looking back at her "I'm going to require a new body dear. Preferable made from gold."

"Whatever you need," Aria responds

"That's my girl," the digital Overlord says "Now, what have you two been doing?"

"Well, this weird thing happened in your temple and our Oni powers work now." Lloyd tells him

The two fire up their powers, Lloyd's eyes changing to pink while his horns grew. Aria's eyes changing to purple while her horns and wings grew.

"Ah you figured it out," the Overlord chuckles "perhaps you two are smarter then you look. The voice you may have heard was your mother's voice Aria."

"I knew it," Aria smiles "mama's always liked her tricks."

"Anything else?" the Overlord questions

"Well, I'm spying on the ninja in their new school." Aria replies "And Lloyd's infiltrated Borg tower to oversee Ninjago's developments. To you know, see if we can use anything about it to our advantage."

"And to get new equipment for our base," Lloyd adds

"Perfect," the Overlord chuckles "you see that's exactly where I am.. in what you call Borg tower. Aria you continue spying on those pests, Lloyd, I have a job for you."

"Whatever you say sir," Lloyd agrees

"You can count on me daddy," Aria smiles 

"You know what they say kids," The Overlord laughs "It's not over till it's over."