Chapter 61: The Jade Princess

Lloyd and the white knights began talking to Aria as Hutchins approached Reika and the ninja, who came down beside her.

"You protected the Royal Family; you have their gratitude." Hutchins says, "You are invited to be their guests in the palace."

"Heh. No one ever gets invited into the palace. Are you sure they meant us?" Jay asks.

"It's just a palace. Once you've seen one, you've seen them all" Nya replies.

"Thank you, we'll be honored." Reika tells Hutchins with a smile.

Hutchins walks back to the royal family as Kai turns to Reika.

"Why do I feel that you have an alternative motive here?" Kai questions.

"Time in the palace, means more time to see Aria." Reika tells him "As much as I love when she tries to kill me, I don't get a lot of time to admire her beauty."

"Knew it," all the ninjas say.

They turn to see the Royal family heading inside the palace with Aria and her knights following.

"Don't miss me too much darling," Aria says to Reika before heading inside.

Reika fell back and Kai caught her.

"God damn it Reika," Kai mutters.

Later that night, the Ninja enter the palace.

"Welcome to the Royal Palace, also known as the Palace of Secrets" Hutchins says.

"Ooh, why do they call it the Palace of Secrets?" Kai asks.

"If I were to tell you that, then it wouldn't be a secret now, would it?" Hutchins replies opening the doors.

The Ninja, except Nya, gasps in awe.

"Hmph, too much gold in my opinion" Nya says unimpressed.

They entered the throne room where the royal family was. In front of the royal family stood Aria with Lloyd beside her.

"Are they really real?" the princess asks Aria excitedly.

"Indeed, they are princess," Aria responds with a smile "would you like to touch them?"

"Can I?" the princess asks.

"Harumi, don't bother the Empress Aria too much." the Emperor chuckles.

"It's no problem at all Emperor," Aria responds as she walked up to the princess.

The princess touched the horns on Aria's head with a fascinated smile. The ninja had a strange look on their faces, surprised by Aria's uncharacteristic actions.

"Thank you for humoring our daughter, Empress Aria," the Empress says, "she's always been fascinated by other worldly things."

"It's not a problem at all," Aria responds before walking back beside Lloyd.

Hutchins led the ninja beside Aria, where Reika happily stood beside her.

"I present to you the exalted Emperor and Empress of Ninjago, their daughter the Jade Princess." Hutchins introduces. "And I believe you are already acquainted with Empress Aria of Del and her servant Lloyd."

"Yes, we are." Kai replies

"We are honored by your presence ninja," The Emperor says.

"The honor is all ours" Zane replies as he and the ninjas bow.

Harumi looks excited "I have read much about you. Your heroics will surely become legend. Kai, the hothead who acts without question. Cole, the rock and foundation of the team. Jay, the joker whose mouth is as fast as lightning. Zane, the cold and calculating android-"