Chapter 41: Peak-a-Boo

"The next piece to finding the tomb is the sword of sanctuary that's hidden in the Cloud Kingdom, and the only way to get there is through the Blind Man's Eye, which can only be reached by scaling the Wailing Alps. So knowing that information-" Lloyd turns around to Aria who was shivering behind him "why didn't you wear something warm?!"

"I didn't think it would be that bad!" Aria argues before sneezing.

"How is this the reincarnation of the princess?" Shiki, another boy ghost knight, questions to another ghost.

"Yeah she's not very... how do I say- Shrewd? Vicious?" Ichijo agrees with a shrug.

"Hm?" Aria looks puzzled.

"The white knights have served you for a long time Aria," Morro tells her "they know the old you better then even I do."

"Oh!" Hanabusa slid next to Aria "I can tell you everything!"

Lloyd got between them and looked at him annoyed "She doesn't need to know yet."

"Oh come on," Hanabusa whines "I don't have to tell her that much."

Aria pushes Lloyd and turns to Hanabusa "Tell me about myself, how was I?"

"You were amazing," Hanabusa began ranting excitedly "you were the most beautiful woman in Del. There wasn't a person alive who didn't hear your name and instantly cower in fear. You didn't just expect respect, you demanded it."

As Hanabusa continues ranting to Aria with the white knights around them, Lloyd sighs and walks over to Morro with his three other ghosts that were not in white uniforms. They were Soul Archer, Ghoultar, and Bansha.

"What's going on?" Lloyd asks.

"The ninja are here," Morro tells him.

Lloyd looks down the mountain to see the ninja making their way up in their mechs.

"They'll never catch up," Soul Archer says.

"They might, they're on machines while we're on foot." Lloyd points out.

"Perhaps slowing them down will be a good idea," Bansha suggests.

"Good idea," Morro agrees "I'll leave that to you while we get a move on."

"Always," Bansha says.

The group makes their way back over to Aria and the white knight ghosts.

"The ninja are gaining, we need to move it." Lloyd says.

"I thought they were all dimwits, how are they figuring out these clues?" Aria questions.

"I bet it's my mother," Lloyd replies spitefully.

"Oh the bitch," Aria comments.

The group makes greater haste to the top of the mountain as Bansha screams, creating an avalanche towards the ninja. The group continues up until they reached a structure on a cliff.

"The Hanging Temple." Morro points out the building "The summit isn't far."

"Impossible!" Bansha growls.

The group look down to see the ninja.

"You said you got rid of them!" Morro shouts at her.

"I wiped them off the face of the mountain." Bansha argues.

"Clearly you didn't wipe hard enough." Morro says as he joins Aria and Lloyd "We'll go the rest of the way alone."

"But Morro, the wind." Soul Archer says with concern.

"I control the Wind." Morro replies "You all control the situation. Make sure they never make it to the top."

"Are you sure you'll be able to handle it?" Aria asks the knights.

"As your second in command I assure you we'll do our very best," Hanabusa replies with a serious look in his eyes that took Aria and Lloyd by surprise.

"That's our second commander," Rima smiles.

With that the three continued on their way up the mountain as the white and black knights took fight against the ninja. The wind was worse as they neared the top, Aria almost slipping off the mountain.

"Damn wind!" Aria curses as her eyes glowed purple "Stop it!"

The wind in the area suddenly came to a halt and Morro turned to her looking surprised.

"It seems," Morro smiles "even the realm itself cannot help but follow the command of the tyrant."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Aria questions as Lloyd helped her to the top of the mountain.

"Only the utmost respect my princess," Morro responds.

The group reaches the top of the mountain before jumping through. They soon wake up outside of a kingdom in the sky.

"Woah," Aria says as she stood up.

"Yeah agreed," Lloyd nods as he stood up beside her.

"Welcome your highness," Morro put his arm out "to the Cloud Kingdom, the legendary Kingdom of Destiny."