Chapter 51: Sign of the Times

"Aria," Lloyd calls out.

Aria looked up from her mother's book to see Lloyd standing at her doorway.

"Lloyd I'm-" Aria stops and shakes her head "I was.. reading?"

"Yeah," Lloyd walks into the room "days ago remember."

"Strangely," Aria replies.

"The Djinn must've been defeated." Lloyd throws a jacket at her "Let's go for a ride."

"In broad daylight my dear?" Aria questions with a smirk "I thought we saved those activities for the night time."

"Come on," Lloyd shakes his head before walking away.

Lloyd rode on the back of Aria as a dragon. Aria roared up at him as he flipped through his book.

"Shush," Lloyd says as he points down at a junk pile in Stiix. "There."

The two land and Aria shifts into her human form before they head towards the pile where they found Clouse, as a ghost, searching it.

"Whatcha looking for?" Aria asks innocently as she popped up beside him.

"Ah!" Clouse shouts.

"I believe you owe us something," Lloyd says as he appeared on his other side.

"I-I don't have the book anymore!" Clouse shouts as he falls back.

"That's breaking our contract Clouse," Lloyd shakes his head "What a shame."

"I can tell you where it is though!" Clouse tells them "Honest!"

"Forget about that book," Aria says as she leans towards him "what's this you're trying to find now?"

"I-I" Clouse looked between the two of them before turning around and booking it.

"Oh Clouse," Lloyd looks down at his book that immediately opens to a page.

Lloyd crossed out Clouse's name and the ghost immediately stopped in his tracks before shaking violently. Within seconds Clouse had exploded into partials before disappearing. Lloyd turns back to see Aria picking up the Teapot of Tyrahn.

"Found it!" Aria shouts as she held it up triumphantly.

Lloyd approached her and took the teapot carefully out of her hands.

"What now?" Aria asks "Why did you want to find it?"

"Because I think we were meant to," Lloyd responds as he turns to her. "It was an image in the temple."

"But we're the ones who defy destiny," Aria crosses her arms "Why go along with it?"

"Cause I think it's time," Lloyd turns to her as he put a hand on her cheek "I can't keep you this way forever. As much as I've tried to shield you from the truth until it was time, I think this is the moment in destiny we changed."

"What are you talking about?" Aria asks worriedly "Lloyd."

Lloyd rubbed the Teapot of Tyrahn and Nadakhan comes out of the pot.

"Who has.." Nadakhan's demeanor changed as he saw the two standing before him "Ah.. it is you two."

"You know us?" Aria questions.

"Nadakhan," Lloyd says as he looks up at the Djinn.

"I've been waiting for you to make your final wish master Lloyd," Nadakhan says as he floated down before him "I've waited centuries to be with my beloved."

"I'm well aware, I'm sorry I've kept you waiting." Lloyd smiles. "I'm afraid I do not remember the past, but please grant my final wish now."

Nadakhan puts his hands together "As you wish."

-

The ninja were walking home together as Jay and Nya held hands.

"Well none of us understand what just happened," Reika hums "but I'm glad they worked it out."

"Yeah," Kai rubs the back of his head "not that I get it either."

"Don't worry about it guys," Nya says.

"I think we should worry about it," Jay comments "what he said last bothered me."

Nya leaned in to whisper to him "You mean when he said 'i have failed my master'?"

"Yeah," Jay replies

"Sensei?" Kai questions as the group stops to see Wu standing in front of them looking up at the sky.

"What's wrong?" Jay asks noticing his grim look.

"It's the sign of the times," Wu replies.

The ninja notice many of the people around them have begun to stop and look up at the sky as well. Many scared, while some confused. The ninja finally looked up at the sky to see a blood red moon.

"W-what's that?!" Cole freaks out.

"The moon's red!" Kai shouts.

"We're all doomed!" an old man shouts.

The ninja and Wu turn to look at the old man with his family.

"Dad," the woman beside him held him.

"Grandpa what's wrong?" the woman's daughter asks worriedly.

"It's the sign!" the old man shouts as his eyes went wide and almost fell to the ground "They've returned!"

"That can't be," the woman muttered before her eyes went back to the sky.

"We should've listened!" someone else shouted.

"They're coming for us!"

"Everyone please calm down," Wu says to the crowd of people.

"Your moon will turn red with our blood and our souls will return to the earth." Zane repeats as he turns to Wu and the ninja.

The citizens around him gasp and seem to shake at the words he muttered.

"That was the last line Lloyd and Aria spoke in the past," Zane tells the ninja "when the snakes told us the tale of the Twin Terrors."

"You're right," Kai agrees.

"It's true," the old man says "that was what she said to us, it wasn't a curse.. it was a promise."

"The Tyrant has truly returned," Wu shakes his head "this isn't just a coincidence."

"We're all dead," the old man's daughter says as she held her daughter to her while crying "I'm sorry baby."

"Mommy," the girl looks confused but started crying.

"Aria and Lloyd have regained their memories," Reika states with a serious look. "It's what Garmadon feared the most."

"I'm afraid," Wu sighs "things will only get worse from here."

-

Back in Stiix, Lloyd closed his book as he looked up at the sky.

"Your highness," Lloyd says as he turns around "it appears the prophecy held truth."

"The moon will stain red with our blood and signify our return," Aria laughs as she stepped out and took Lloyd's arm. "They must be shaking in their boots, I pity them."

"Yes, my love

"Yes, my love."