Chapter 66: Firstbourne

"Princess," Lloyd approached Aria looking nervous.

"Lloydie," Aria turned to him "you can't stop me from making this decision."

"He can't get to you in Del," Lloyd looks up at her looking annoyed "why can't you-"

"Not be so stubborn," Aria giggles "cause I'm not scared."

"You've... never been afraid." Lloyd sighs as he looks away from her.

"Of course not," Aria puts her hand on his cheek and turns his head to look at her "cause you're with me."

"Nothing can tear me away from you," Lloyd put his hand over hers "you're not just my princess, you're my best friend. In this life and the last."

"And our next, should it come to that." Aria responds with that.

"I would never allow that," Lloyd takes her hand off his cheek and kisses it "I would gladly give up my life for yours."

Aria shakes her head no "I would never go on living without you by my side Lloyd, so please, don't make that promise. If I was to fall, promise me you'd continue fighting. For our home, and for those who died in vain."

"With my last breath," Lloyd responds. "Aria."

"Aria!" Lloyd shot up.

"Ah!" someone screams "He's alive."

Lloyd blinks before slowly turning to see a man in brown hiding behind Reika, who was looking at the man with annoyance.

"How are you feeling?"

Lloyd looks to see Nya approaching him.

"What- What the hell am I doing here?!" Lloyd shouts reaching for his sword, to find it gone.

"Well for one, we pulled you out of the river." Reika crosses her arms "Your welcome."

"Where's my sword?" Lloyd asks.

"Easy son," Misako put down the bowl in her hand and walked over to him "we have it. I know how much it means to you."

Dareth sighs "It's only been a week since Emperor Garmadon's taken over, and now everything's upside down."

Lloyd tried to get up from the bed he was in, only to be stopped by both Reika and Misako.

"You're still weak," Reika says "don't."

"I don't need your help!" Lloyd growls as he shoves her away.

"You-"

"Reika," Nya puts her hand on her sister's shoulder.

"We all lost people that day Lloyd," Misako tells him sympathetically.

"Where is she?" Lloyd asks, before his eyes turned pink "Why didn't you save her?!"

"We looked," Reika replies calmly "her body isn't there."

"That's impossible," Lloyd shakes his head before burying his head in his hands "This has to be a bad dream."

"This is a safe place for you Lloyd," Nya tells him "Despite everything we did our best."

Lloyd goes quiet for a bit before calmly asking "Where are my knights? The white knights?"

"A majority have been captured by Ultra Violet," Misako replies "the others are still in hiding."

"...how do we stop him?" Lloyd turns to the group "you have a plan, don't you?!"

"Yeah, we're working on it." Reika says. "You need to chill, seriously P.I.X.A.L worked hard to patch you up, don't reopen your wound."

"Damn it," Lloyd curses as he looks down.