Chapter 34: Spy for a Spy

The Kabuki served the fighters food.

"Lighten up everyone, this is a feast to celebrate the eight of you making it to the second round." Chen says and the Kabuki laugh "And I must congratulate the Master of Shadow's defeat over Master of Poison. She was a bit hard to swallow, am I right?" The Kabuki laugh "Laugh harder! Hahahaha!" They forced a harder laugh.

Aria stood against the wall with Lloyd beside her. A Kabuki retrieves the fortune cookies.

"Ahem, it has come to my attention that there are rumors floating about that I am stealing everyone's power." Chen announces "I am."

 The masters gasp, Aria turns her head and stares at him.

"But it's all for this staff" Chen says quickly before he claps, and the Kabuki waves their hand fans "No, no. Not you, staff. I mean my real staff" Everyone gasps as the staff is brought to him "The Staff of Elements. It holds the power of your fallen foes, and soon it'll hold all but one. For the last standing in my tournament will win this prize and be the greatest fighter ever in the history in Ninjago!"

"He's lying," Lloyd mutters. "Why would he create a staff when he intends for you to win?"

"To ensure he gets it," Aria tells him "if i win i just hand the staff back to him. I get my answers and he's free to take over Ninjago."

"Clever bastard," Lloyd curses

Everyone whispers amongst themselves.

"You lied!" Reika stood up "What about the spell?"

"What spell?" Aria asks Chen as she glares at him.

"Spell? What spell?" Clouse questions

"Don't believe him, it's just another trick. Neuro read Clouse's mind and saw it." Kai says "Tell them what you saw, Neuro."

Chen and Clouse stare down Neuro.

Neuro looks at them nervously "I—I don't remember. Truthfully, I'm a bit more interested in knowing more about that staff."

"And why should we be so quick to believe everything you say? How do we know you're not lying to get the staff for yourself?" Griffin questions

Aria watches as everyone starts settling down and going back to the feast. She then turns and stares at the staff.

"It seems Aria and Lloyd were taken by surprise as well," Garmadon tells the ninja "If they're not in on this, what are they after?"

Clouse gestures for Aria and Lloyd to go into the back with him, the two look at each other before walking out of the room.

"What spell?" Aria asks with her arms crossed as Clouse closes the door.

"You're familiar with the Stella Fortia aren't you?" Clouse questions as he walks ahead of them.

"How do you know what that is?" Aria questions suspiciously.

"What's the Stella Fort... whatever you said?" Lloyd asks looking confused.

"The Stella Fortia is a journal created by the most well-known woman in Del," Clouse explains as they continued down the hall "Aria's mother the Empress Layla."

"Oh..." Lloyd turns to Aria "Why didn't you tell me about them?"

"Cause they were created for me," Aria replies as she glares at Clouse's back.

"Indeed, they were," Clouse stops at a door and turns to them "they are a set of 3 filled with every detail of Layla's creations. Her spells, incantations, and beings." he smiles to Aria "I believe you've found the 3rd volume, her beings, correct?"

"Yes," Aria replies "how did you know?"

"The hands you used the Thunderblade," Clouse says "they were one of Layla's creations."

"Ok so why do you know about these things?" Lloyd asks suspiciously.

"You see, I have the 1st volume, her book of spells." Clouse tells them.

"Your so-called black arts is really my mother's doing," Aria questions annoyedly. "If you knew they were mine, why did you take it?"

"It was entrusted to me by my master," Clouse tells her "I have every intention of returning it to you. After our deal is done."

Aria growls "You just keep adding on."

"Not at all, if anything I'm sweetening the deal." Clouse chuckles "Your end of the deal is to win, anything we do afterwords is irrelevant. Once the deed is done, you shall find your book rightfully at your doorstep."

"I can't trust your word," Aria says.

"That is your choice your highness," Clouse tells her "But I ensure you I hold my end of bargains."

"Are you willing to put your name on that?" Lloyd asks as his eyes glow pink.

Aria looks at Lloyd curiously as Clouse looks slightly taken back.

"I see..." Clouse mutters before clearing his throat "I will indeed, Lloyd."

One of Lloyd's eyes changes into a small pentagram as he holds out his hand "Then do so."

"I swear by my name..." Clouse holds out his hand hesitantly "I will return the book to her highness Aria Lord."

Lloyd and Clouse shake hands, a light appears on the back Clouse's hand, the mark in Lloyd's eye appearing on his hand. Lloyd's eyes change back to green before he turns and walks back down the hall.

"Let's go Aria," Lloyd calls out.

Aria looks at Chen before running after Lloyd.

"It seems..." Clouse looks down at the back of his hand "He knows more then he's telling her." he turns to a nearby guard "Get Master Chen!"

Lloyd and Aria returned to their room as the ninja held a meeting in their room to find a spy in their alliance. Chen returned to the back room with his Kabuki where Clouse stood staring at the back of his hand. 

"What's got you so worked up Clouse?" Chen asks annoyedly as he sat in his chair "I was enjoying myself."

"Our plan may not go so smoothly anymore," Clouse tells him.

Chen raises an eyebrow as Chen turned to him and showed the back of his hand. Chen gasped as his eyes widened. Nya, who was disguised as a Kabuki, was inching closer to the spell book as they were distracted.

"That can't be!" Chen shouts "He doesn't remember-"

"Or so we think," Clouse says "it's possible, he knows enough. The boy is remembering."

"No no no, how could you make that deal?!" Chen asks angrily.

"I had no choice to avoid their suspicion." Clouse tells him. "We may need to change plans a bit; we need them out of this palace as soon as possible."

"Send a letter to the others," Chen sighs "inform them of Lloyd's condition immediately. They all need to be warned... The Dealmaker has returned."