Chapter 64: Dread on Arrival

The Sons of Garmadon took Reika to the Temple of Resurrection located in the palace.

"So, this is your true face, without the mask." Reika laughs "No wonder you covered it."

Harumi growled "Bite your tongue, Green Ninja, the fight is all but over."

"Where are you taking me?" Reika questions.

"Trapped in the Palace of Secrets all my life, it gave me time to make a few... discoveries." Harumi replies "Yes, I destroyed the palace, but I was careful to make sure it didn't damage the Temple of Resurrection."

"The Ninja have survived; they are in the city" Ultra Violet informs Harumi.

"What was that you said about the fight being over?" Reika questions smugly.

"Let them come. If anyone tries to stop me, I always have my insurance policy" Harumi points to Misako getting thrown into a cage by Lloyd.

"Misako!" Reika shouts worried.

"They're crazy Reika!" Misako shouts to her "They want to bring back my husband!"

"Why bring Misako into this?" Reika questions "She has nothing to do with this."

"A family reunion of sorts." Harumi laughs. "We found her after she tracked down young Wu. Helpful of her." She turns to the Sons of Garmadon "Prepare the ceremony. We begin at nightfall!"

-

Reika sighs as she was trapped inside a cage next to Misako. She looks out to see the White Knights preparing the ceremony with Lloyd watching over them.

"Are we all set?" Harumi asks.

"Almost," Lloyd replies "Aria went to fetch her book."

"And I'm right here," Aria says as she passes him.

"About time," Harumi sighs.

"You are one of the most impatient brats I've met in my life," Aria comments "and I've met a lot of people."

"Just get on with it," Harumi says impatiently "Lord Garmadon is waiting."

"He may not wait for you," Aria smirks "but he'll wait for me."

Harumi takes a breath before saying anything, watching her actions, Reika began to feel more uneasy about the situation. Ultra Violet, Killow, and Mr. E goes to Harumi with the masks.

"Good. You've brought the masks. Any trouble?" Harumi asks.

"Nothing the others can't handle" Killow replies.

"Then the ceremony is ready," Harumi turns to Aria "the stage is all yours."

Aria opened her mother's spellbook before beginning.

"Clotho venge. Clotho decer. Clotho haeed" Aria began as the circle glowed purple.

Misako panicked "Reika, it's starting. Where are the Ninja?!"

"Clotho venge. Clotho decer. Clotho haeed, Clotho venge! Clotho decer! Clotho haeed. Rip the fabric between realms! As your ruler I call upon you! Connect me to... the Departed Realm.

The portal started opening and Reika looked around at the guards and Lloyd.

"I call upon thee lord of many names. Lord of Destruction! King of Shadows! Lord Garmadon! Garmadon!" Aria says and the symbols on the hex began to glow.

Nobody seemed anxious about the outcome at all. Harumi looked excited, as Lloyd and the white knights seemed happy.

"They don't know," Reika mutters.