Chapter 42: Kingdom Come

"So this is where we divide and conquer right?" Aria questions.

"Yes, that building over there is where you want to go." Morro points out a large building in the kingdom "There you will find the records of the deceased."

"How will we get in?" Lloyd asks.

"Bancha was in contact with someone who left the backdoor open for you," Morro replies. "The ninja succeeded in dropping in after us as well, so he will help me get rid of them while I go for the sword."

"We'll meet back up in Ninjago then," Lloyd says.

"I will see you there," Morro responds before making his way to his destination.

Lloyd and Aria head to the back end of the large building Morro pointed out for them. There, they opened the gate and headed into the back entrance. The building was dark and Aria lit a fire in her palm as Lloyd quietly close the door behind them.

"This place is huge," Aria says as she takes a few steps into the building.

"It is the records of the deceased," Lloyd walks up and stands beside her "Morro said Deltorian's were in their own section, we just have to find that."

"Yeah... about that." Aria holds her hand up to light the door next to them.

The door was black with the title Del above it. Lloyd walked up and opened the door, revealing a library full of records. There were at least 15 rows.

"That's.. a lot of people." Lloyd says in shock.

"The book did say I was a tyrant who put a lot of people to death, not to mention the lives lost in the war." Aria comments.

"I know but, jesus." Lloyd says as he walks into the room.

Aria follows after him and the room lit up with purple torches around it.

"It's just like the temple," Aria points out. "Why does everything have to be purple just cause it's my elemental power?"

"Let's just find the ones we came for," Lloyd sighs.

Aria put out the fire in her palm before they begun looking through all the records. None of the names standing out to them. Aria walked all the way to the first row and skimmed through the books.

"Aha!" Aria grabbed the second book of the collection, "found my mother Lloyd."

"Nice," Lloyd replies as he continues looking through the books.

Aria's eyes traveled to the first book with her father's name on it, Svern Lord. She reached up and grabbed it, the book sparked and Aria dropped it.

"Ow," Aria held her hand in pain.

The book glowed purple before rising up and setting itself back in its place.

"What's wrong?!" Lloyd ran over to her.

"My father's book," Aria says sadly "It won't let me grab it."

"It let you grab your mother's though?" Lloyd questions.

"Yeah," Aria replies confused.

"Hm," Lloyd looks up at it.

"Let's just leave it," Aria sighs.

Lloyd pats her head before returning to his search. Aria continued walking down the isles until something caught her eye, it was all the names of her white knights, their books specifically were glowing green. Aria reached up and ran her finger along them with a sad look in her eye.

Aria scanned along the books, passing Lloyd, until she reached the end. Confused, she walked back to the row Lloyd stood in.

"I didn't see a book on us," Aria says.