Chapter 74: Lessons for a Master

"We have to run" Nya shouts.

"Run! One of us can't even stand!" Dareth shouts

Garmadon gets ready to destroy the building they're standing on.

"Move!" Reika shouts, hauling Skylor onto her back.

A car is thrown at the doorway, blocking their way into the building. Lloyd, Nya, and Dareth look back to see the Colossus hammer a blow on the building and immediately run to jump at the building next to theirs.

"Jump, Dareth!" Nya shouts as another car is thrown at them.

"Ah" Dareth jumps, screaming. 

He lands on edge of building, grabbing hold of it in last second. Nya jumps, landing with a small twirl on the next building. She grabs Dareth before he falls over. Reika jumps over with Skylor.

Lloyd looks at the Colossus, waiting to deal a blow, Lloyd jumps into the air as the Colossus punches the building. Lloyd lands on the Colossi's fist. Garmadon sees Lloyd and tries to throw him off. Lloyd runs across the fist, landing on the building with Reika, Nya, and Dareth.

"You're really ballsy you know that" Reika comments.

"Now's not the time," Lloyd gives her an annoyed look.

The Colossus roars, Dareth screams and jumps in fear. Everyone runs away.

"You think you can hide from my wrath!" Garmadon uses the Colossus to punch the building "I'll destroy every building to find you!"

Nya, Reika, Dareth, and Lloyd run through an aisle to stop at another street.

"He's not going to stop until he finds us" Nya says.

"I know" Lloyd agrees.

"There's only one thing that can withstand that. I ditched the Battle Wagon across town. If we can get to it... we can leave the city" Nya suggests

"Leave the city?!" Reika shouts

"Just until things calm down sis" Nya explains.

"If we leave now there won't be a Ninjago left," Lloyd says "We can make it to Hanabusa and my knights on the other side of town."

"Right, but Mistake said we needed to survive until the Ninja got back. Well, where are they, huh?" Dareth questions "There's no shame in knowing when to turn tails."

Reika sighs "Fine."

"Fine?!" Lloyd turns to her angrily. "We're just going to leave?!"

"Lloyd, we don't have a plan." Reika tries to reason "We're outnumbered, and we're without more allies. Garmadon's the one in control here and you're cut off from Del."

"I'm not a coward," Lloyd states.

"Then why haven't you powered up?" Reika questions calmly "We've seen your power; we've heard your story. So, if a fight is what you want, why haven't you fought?"

"...I can't." Lloyd tightens his fist.

"Why not?" Skylor asks.

"I'm nothing without her alright!" Lloyd shouts.

"No, you're not." Reika says, "Losing your princess may have shaken you to the core, but you're still here and fighting for her, aren't you?"

"I don't know what I'm fighting for anymore," Lloyd admits with gritted teeth "I'm fighting for her... but she's no longer here. I've lost my purpose."

"You're fighting for a future," Reika says.

"I was fighting for revenge; my morals are far from honorable." Lloyd replies.

"Whatever they are, you're powerful Lloyd." Reika tells him "You're fighting for the loss of your love, that's more honorable than you think. You're a good knight Lloyd."

"Okay... we go for the Battle Wagon" Lloyd finally agrees "But we're not skipping town. We hold on for as long as we can, and we're waiting for my knights."

"Agreed," Nya smiles "We won't leave them behind."

Nya and Dareth run off with Reika and Lloyd following. In the First Realm, Aria was in the arena with Suromi. They were sparring with the Omega watching them, the other Oni were going about their work while watching the two.

Suromi powered up and smoke covered his body, which he did not do in their previous fight. Aria's eyes glowed purple as the two's power clashed.

"Your surrounded by your element," the Omega tells her "Draw off it."

Aria flipped over Suromi and closed her eyes. Black smoke covered her body as she moved her hand over her face, a ghostly mask covered her face before disappearing. Suromi twirled his spear before attacking, Aria went to dodge but was hit in the face.

Suromi took a step back as she got up from the floor "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine," Aria turns back to him.

"I'm just, excited."

In Ninjago, Garmadon is still searching and smashing buildings.

"The battle-wagon is just up ahead" Nya says

Nya, Reika, Dareth, and Lloyd realize the quietness, and turn around to find Ultra Violet on the phone looking at them in surprise. Ultra Violet smiles evilly and drops the phone.

She runs to them, calling out mockingly "Heh heh. Green Ninjaaaa!"

"Go. Get to the battle-wagon!" Nya commands

"No." Reika argues "We stay together."

"Not this time. Now, go!" Nya shouts

Dareth and Reika carry Skylor off to the battle-wagon as Lloyd and Nya fight Ultra Violet. Ultra Violet holds up her sai, ready to kill Nya, but gets hit by the battle-wagon.

"Nya!" Reika runs over as helps Nya up.

"My shoulder" Nya pants "It's pretty bad."

"Let's get them to the battle-wagon" Lloyd says.

Ultra Violet gets up and somersaults over the wall. She tries to stand up as the Mask of Hatred splits apart.

"Does she ever quit?" Nya questions

Ultra Violet falls down as the Sons of Garmadon gang drive in and surround the rest of the Resistance.

"Shit," Reika curses

In the First Realm, Suromi was shouting as Aria had him pinned down, his face pressed into the ground.

"Ok, you win!" Suromi shouts

The Omega laughs as Aria released him, her form changing back to normal.

"Just like your mother, you go for the kill." the Omega pats Aria on the shoulder "With you child, I know we will win."

"Win what?" Aria asks.

"The war," the Omega replies as she turns to Suromi "Get up, you fool."

"Jeez," Suromi stands up.

"I thought the war between you and dragons were over?" Aria questions as she follows after her grandmother.

"It is, that's not the war I'm talking about." The Omega replies as she goes into the tent "The home you call Ninjago.." she turns to Aria "that's where we're heading."