Chapter 10: The Royal Blacksmiths

Aria shined a flashlight ahead of them as Pythor, Skales, her, and Lloyd traveled through the  pyramid, where they were looking for the Constrictai Fangblade. Pythor suddenly stopped slithering, which causes Skales to bump into him. Aria stopped before bumping into Skales, which made Lloyd bump into her.

"Watch it," Aria says to him

"Excuse me princess," Lloyd mutters as he rubs his head

"Ugh. Why musssst we sssstop if the next Fangblade is just ahead of ussss?" Skales questions

Pythor uses his Staff to crumble the floor beneath them "What good is unlocking the Great Devourer with the four Fangblades, if we're not around to see it?"

"He has a point," Aria points out as she handed her flashlight to Lloyd

"What are you doing?" Lloyd questions

"Going to get it," Aria says

"No," Lloyd pushes her back "I'll do it."

Aria stood at the ledge as Lloyd heads into the trap infested pyramid. After miraculously avoiding all the traps. He looks at the pedistal, but it's empty.

"It's gone!" Lloyd shouts to them

"Gone?!" Aria and Pythor question

After Lloyd came back safely to the group, they headed back to the base. They pondered where it could be before a group of serpentine rushed in.

"Pythor!"

"We found one!"

"Found what?" Skales questions

The group handed Pythor a poster which showed a talent competition with the picture of the 2nd fangblade embedded in a trophy.

"Hey it's the Ninjago Talent Show!" Lloyd points out turning to Aria "We use to compete for it remember!"

"Yeah I remember," Aria nods "back when we were living with your mother. My uncle Lou made us compete for it as a duo."

"Hehe," Lloyd chuckles "I remember stepping on your feet a lot."

"You're telling me you two actually had a talent other then being creepy?" Pythor questions

"Yep," they reply together

"I said to stop doing that?!" Pythor shouts accusingly.

"We use to be dancers," Aria tells him "that talent stopped when we were shipped off to boarding school."

"I bet you still got it," Lloyd says "your cousin could never beat you."

"The Blade Cup's been around for awhile," Aria sighs "I can't believe I didn't remember."

"I've blocked that catastrophe of a performance from my memory," Lloyd shakes his head "I still get nightmares from it."

"That's because we started fighting in the middle of the performance," Aria laughs at the thought "You really were terrible."

"Focusss you two!" Skale shouts at them

The kids laugh before turning to the poster.

"You should be able to win it no problem then," Pythor turns to Aria "Right?"

"What?! No no no." Aria shakes her head "My Uncle Lou will be there, there's no way I'm going."

"Well what other way will we win?!" Pythor questions

"Cheat," Aria responds

"Sshe hass a point," Skale says

"Right," Pythor nods "We will be back."

With that, the snakes headed off as Lloyd and Aria stayed back at the cave.

"You think they'll get it?" Lloyd asks

"Mhm," Aria nods "better them then us. Don't need another disaster happening."

"I'm sorry we lost because of me back then," Lloyd says

"You weren't that bad, honest." Aria smiles to him "We were 6."

"Still," Lloyd shrugged "thought we'd do better."

Aria giggles "Then you better start practicing for the next one."

"As if," Lloyd rolls his eyes

The two laugh as they leaned back against the wall. The two messed around and played games with the snakes until the group came back.

"The second fangblade!" Pythor announces and everyone cheers

"See," Aria chuckles "told ya they got it."