Chapter 85: Prime Empire; Game Over

"The spider's in the house. Sleep sleep. The spider bit the mouse. Sleep deep. Don't wake up or else you'll find a spider in your mouth."

"What are you doing Aria?" Lloyd asks with a chuckle.

Aria turns away from the window "I was singing to the baby."

"How are you sure they can hear you?" Lloyd asks as he walks over to her.

"Mother's instinct," Aria replies as Lloyd wraps his arms around her.

Aria was a few months into her pregnancy, Lloyd couldn't have been happier the day he found out. The two hadn't stepped foot in Ninjago since the Oni incident. Rumors are the Ninja had delt with a snake bent on vengeance and had gone to another realm.

It wasn't that those things didn't interest them, it was more like they were occupied by this more pressing matter.

"It was creepy when my mother sang it to me, and it's still creepy when you sing it." Lloyd says.

Aria giggles "It's a song to teach the children not to go poking their nose where it doesn't belong."

"Mhm," Lloyd rolls his eyes. "More like a threat to make them sleep."

"That too," Aria adds as she walks away from him.

The two walks into the room beside theirs to see the servants painting the room.

"How goes the nursery?" Aria asks.

"Good," Rima replies as she faces the two "it'll be ready by the time you're expecting your majesty."

"Does that ease your mind my empress?" Lloyd questions.

"It does indeed." Aria replies.

Lloyd leads her out of the room to the infirmary for her checkup. Lloyd stood by the door as the palace staff made sure everything was in order.

"Oh my," the doctor says.

"What's wrong?" Lloyd asks worriedly.

"Nothing is wrong at all," the doctor smiles to them "the little princes are as healthy as can be."

"That's a relief," Aria sighs.

"Yeah- hold on," Lloyd stares at the doctor "did you say princes?"

"I did," the doctor turns to Aria "congratulations your highness, you're having twin boys."

In Ninjago, the ninja are outside the Mechanic's headquarters with the police. The ninja watch as the Mechanic is put in the back of a police car.

"Great work, ninja! You guys saved the day!" the commissioner smiles at them.

"Yeah, but what exactly did we save the day from?" Kai questions.

"Uhh, I don't know yet. The Mechanic's not saying anything, but we'll take him downtown and maybe we'll get some answers then." the commissioner says as Jay pulls out a motherboard and looks at it. "Let's go, boys! Pack it in!"

Jay tries to get the policemen's attention about it, but they leave. Reika sighs as she turns to the ninja.

"Man, things have been boring ever since Lloyd escaped from prison." Reika says "I thought we were about to go to war with Del."

"I was under that impression as well," Cole agrees "It's not like Aria to not retaliate against us completely for locking Lloyd up."

"You're surprised?" Kai questions "I think we should be grateful. There's always puzzles involved when those two are around."

"Aw does it hurt your little brain too much big bro?" Reika teases.

"I will smack you," Kai states with an annoyed look.