Chapter 62: The Oni and the Dragon

"Hahaha," Aria laughed.

The white knights worked to clear the ruble of the palace with Lloyd as Aria talked with Ultra Violet.

"I'm sorry," Aria wipes a tear from her eye from laughing too hard, "they're just, so gullible."

"The quiet one thanks you for your cooperation Empress Aria," Ultra Violet says "With your help, we'll surely bring back Garmadon."

"Yeah, yeah sure," Aria waves "and he won't be that half-baked one, right?"

"Of course not," Ultra Violet replies.

"Good," Aria turns to Lloyd "looks like you'll have a parent to be proud of again Lloydie."

Lloyd dusts off his hands before walking over to the two "I'm glad you're amused your highness."

"Oh, I am," Aria giggles "we left the scene of the crime before it happened, therefor they can't possibly assume it was us. It was all the Sons of Garmadon. While the real son of Garmadon is right here."

"Hilarious dear," Lloyd comments before turning back to look at the white knights.

"You don't seem so happy about this," Aria says as she waves Ultra Violet away.

Ultra Violet went to watch the white knights as Lloyd turned back to her.

"I'm just uncertain about how this will all play out," Lloyd tells her "I don't want something to go wrong and jeopardize our plans."

 "But the return of Lord Garmadon may hasten our plans if anything," Aria smiles "he was the best before he went good on us. We'll have our mentor back Lloyd, and your father."

"I know," Lloyd took her hand for comfort "I'm looking forward to seeing him again."

"Are you lying?" Aria asks suspiciously.

"No," Lloyd shakes his head before smiling "It would be nice, to see him..."

-

The Ninjas walk into Mistaké's tea shop.

"Is Mistaké here?"

Mistaké was facing away from them "Never heard of her!" She turned around "Ooh! Apologies, ninja, I didn't recognize your voice. It's been years since I've seen you all, the last time we met you sent me on an unpleasant task indeed."

"Hello, Mistaké" Reika greets.

"We're really sorry about that," Kai says "We just didn't know anyone else that was... Deltorian."

"I understand, and I'm sorry to hear about Master Wu. He was a dear friend" Mistake says.

Cole furrowed his eyebrows "Was? We haven't given up on him. We just have more urgent problems."

"We seek—"

"The Tea of Truth!" Mistake predicted.

"She's good" Jay mutters.

As Mistake returns, Zane notices a painting.

"What's this?" Zane asks.

"Hm? Ah, yes. The Oni and the Dragon, but you are not ready for that tale" Mistake says.

"Did you say Oni?" Kai questions.

"It's a tale we should know, tell us please." Reika begs "We've been hearing the term Oni, for years. Now, is a better time than any since we're dealing with the Oni masks."

"It is a long tale. Do you have the time?" Mistake asks.

Cole thought for a moment "Me and Zane will go to the police with the Tea of Truth and find out who's giving the orders. Kai, Jay and Reika will stay here to learn more."