Chapter 57: Little Star

"It's been awhile young Garmadon," Mistake smiles up at him.

"Heh," Lloyd shakes his head as he looks away "dodging uncomfortable situations as always."

"I am simply ignoring your mistake," Mistake replies "your mother is Misako."

Lloyd walks towards the table as Hanabusa stood at the door.

"You shouldn't even be here!" Lloyd growls as he slams his hands on the table "You're a traitor, and your not welcome here."

"Now now," Mistake puts her cup of tea down "you are saying I am not welcome in my own homeland?"

"You chose to leave," Lloyd replies spitefully.

"I followed my empress, as it was my job." Mistake tells him. "You were the one who decided to stay here my son."

"So now I'm your son?" Lloyd scoffs as he mutters "Unbelievable." He turns to look back at her "As you said, it was my job. I was assigned the princess's servant by you and the empress."

"Things were getting dangerous here and you know that," Misako argues before putting her hand up "But never mind that, I did not come here to quarrel with you."

"What did you come here for then?" Lloyd asks.

"I came barring a gift." Mistake replies as she reached into her pocket.

Lloyd stared her down until she pulled Aria's locket out of her pocket.

"Where did you get that?" Lloyd questions as he snatches it from Mistake's hand.

"The ninja asked for me to deliver it," Mistake tells him as she stood up.

Lloyd turned his head to look at her as she began walking to the door.

"That's it?!" Lloyd asks looking frustrated.

"What else do you want?" Mistake questions as she stopped and looked at him.

"I don't know," Lloyd replies as he grits his teeth "you- I-"

"I told you, I am not your mother this time around Lloyd." Mistake tells him "Let the past be the past, only by moving forward can you find peace. You and the princess were mischievous but happy children this time around. You had your peace, you decided to go through the storm."

"Thanks for your 'words of wisdom' but I don't need them," Lloyd says as he holds Aria's locket in his hand tightly. "You chose your path, and we chose ours."

"If you continue down it, nothing will change." Mistake turns around to face him completely "Are you prepared to face the same fate again?"

"I won't let that happen," Lloyd responds "I'll be stronger this time. We'll see the other side of the storm."

"If that is what you choose," Mistake says as she heads towards the door again.

Hanabusa stepped aside for the old woman to pass him as Lloyd stood in place staring down at Aria's locket. Mistake stopped at the door and turned to face Lloyd again.

"As your mother," Mistake hesitates before finishing "I can only allow you to fall, in hopes you can pick yourself back up."

Lloyd looks up at her, not saying another word, Mistake turns around and walks out the door.

"Goodbye," Lloyd looks down at the floor "mother..."

-

Alas, the friends did not make up, Ryoji and Svern fought continuously after Oni had invaded their home. Ryoji believed the couple had led them there, they successfully drived out all but one. Mistake was a warrier back in the first realm who had helped raise Layla since she was a child.