Chapter 73: Saving Faith

So, good news is that I may have more time to write in the upcoming weeks. Bad news is that I lost my job, so it may take some time for me to get back in the groove of writing. I will however be ok and find comfort in writing. So, I hope you all continue to enjoy the book.

Ultra Violet pushes Skylor to her knees.

Mistake as Harumi "My Lord, I have proved my allegiance time and time again. For you to doubt my abilities—"

"Is what?! Two-faced?" they look to see Harumi "That isn't me, Emperor Garmadon"

Mistake as Harumi looks angry "You're the impostor! Arrest her n—"

"Let. Her. Speak" Garmadon commands.

"That is Mistake. The shape-shifting Oni I was telling you about. She tried to get the Master of Amber close enough to touch you so that the Resistance could turn your power against us" Harumi explains quickly.

Skylor rips out the ropes and tries to run to touch Garmadon. Ultra Violet immediately brings her to her knees again and struggles. Mistake sees the struggle and runs to help Skylor. Killow grabs her and holds her in the air.

Garmadon smirks "Well done, Harumi, it's good to have you back, my child."

Harumi smiles "The pleasure was all mine, Father."

Skylor stands up, throwing off Ultra Violet's grip on her "He's not your father. His son is Lloyd-" Ultra Violet pushes her down.

"I thought I smelled an Oni," Garmadon looks at the Mistake-Harumi form "but it looks like your plan backfired."

"The only thing that backfired is you." Mistake says angrily "Ninjago is a place of light, and you are a source of shadow."

"You know it all turns to darkness" Garmadon argues.

"The future is not in your hands" Mistake replies.

Garmadon growls "Show me, Oni. Show me your real face. Or are you worried what your friends might think of you, demon?"

"Maybe I'll show you" Mistake slowly transforms into her Oni form with smoke to disguise her entrance in the air, landing on the ground. Killow lets go and covers his ears.

Mistake is now using her Oni Voice and form "But only for you to see what a full-blooded Oni can do" she knocks Garmadon back onto his throne, Garmadon hits her with his power. Mistake takes it and releases it to the air.

Skylor pushes Ultra Violet back and kicks her across the floor when she moves to push Skylor down. Harumi jumps on Mistake. Mistake throws her off. Skylor runs up, Killow grabs her while Mistake grabs Garmadon. Mistake backflips and throws Garmadon against a wall.

Garmadon lifts her in the air with his powers and shakes her. Mistake grabs on to a ledge, watching Skylor. Skylor kicks Killow in the face, pushing him on his back on top of Ultra Violet. Skylor runs up to touch Garmadon. Harumi jumps on Skylor, knocking her down.

Ultra Violet and Killow try to hold Skylor down.

Mistake sees Skylor in trouble "...young Reika.. I leave the care of those two, to you." She starts chanting "Ee Mah Vee-aza-bub" Garmadon hits Mistake with his powers. Garmadon pushes her down, Mistake continues chanting. "Ee Mah Vee-zaz-bub."

She forms a staff and kicks Garmadon in the stomach, throwing him off her, then slams the staff down, forming a black cloud of Dark Magic.

"My Emperor! Look out!" Harumi shouts.

Garmadon sees Mistake in the form of Skylor and hits her with his power. He sees smoke coming out of Mistake transforming back to herself.

Mistake smirks "Never trust...an Oni."