Chapter 20: Return of the Overlord

"We are about to commence in the battle a hundred years in the making." the Overlord says "There must be no mistakes, no signs of weakness. Am I understood?"

"Yes father," Aria nods

"When all is said and done, my father will return right?" Lloyd asks

"If all goes according to plan, yes." The Overlord replies

"There is no more time for small talk." Garmadon says

The children turn to Garmadon who was standing atop the Garmatron. 

"Yes, we leave now." the Overlord agrees

Lloyd looks back at Aria as he followed their fathers to the beach behind the weapon, along with the army. Aria stayed back at camp, awaiting the ninja's attack.

"No signs of weakness father," Aria sighs as she sat on one of the walls "I guess that means I'm yours."

The ninja suddenly break open the gates, but find the campsite abandoned.

Jay takes off his hood "Uh, where the heck is everybody?"

"And here I was all ready to release the thunder" Cole complains

"The ultimate weapon is gone. We're too late" Kai looks around "Nya? Nya!"

"They're gone," Aria speaks up

The ninja turn their attention to the lone girl sitting on the wall.

"What are you doing here Aria?" Wu asks "Were you left behind to delay us?"

"On the contrary, I'm here to tell you where they went," Aria responds as she points behind them "They're heading to the beach, waiting for you."

"You're lying," Reika narrows her eyes "Where are they?"

"At the beach," Aria repeats "I know you got a small brain upstairs," her eyes glow purple "but do you really think i'm lying?"

The ninja took a defensive stance as Aria hopped off the wall.

"Aw, scared?" Aria taunts "I'm just a little girl."

"Not anymore," Cole says "you've become a snake."

"Oh come now," Aria laughs "I haven't done anything worth you calling me that."

"We're wasting time," Kai intervenes "If they're really at the beach we need to move now!"

"Yes, scurry along little ninja." Aria says "The road you walk will determine how you meet your demise. It can be peaceful, one of betrayal, or even a slow awaited march. Whichever you choose will all end one way."

The ninja shiver at her words before quickly rushing out of the camp. Aria's eyes turn back to green as she sighs. 

-

Aria arrives at the beach as the Overlord, in Garmadon's body, overpowers Reika and throws her. Lloyd, who was fighting Kai, laughs and throws Kai onto the ground near the ninja.

"Reika!" Kai quickly got up and ran to her with Wu.

The Overlord laughs while pointing the cannon at her "You were always so...green." 

The Overlord pushes the button that sends a rocket at Reika, but the Bounty defended her. Julien jumps off before the Dark Matter can affect him, destroying the Bounty.

"Father" Aria approaches the Garmatron.

"Child what took you so long?!" The Overlord questions

"Come now father, you know better then to play with your food." Aria laughs before she throws something and a portal to Ninjago City opens.

"Nice," Lloyd says as he runs up to her

"You seem to be having fun," Aria comments

"Oh yeah, having super strength is the best." Lloyd chuckles

"We don't need to waste our time with their pestering." the Overlord announces to the army "We'll go to Ninjago City to finish this once and for all!"

Aria boards the Garmatron with Lloyd, it enters the portal with the army following. The portal closes before any of the ninja could make it through.

"Now it's your turn kids, go find the temple of time located on the island" the Overlord instructs giving Aria a map "My body should be trapped there, retrieve it, and I can leave Garmadon's body."

"That's it?" Lloyd asks

"I'm sure you will have your own difficulties," the Overlord responds "Hurry now."

"We'll be back father," Aria smiles, the Overlord suddenly hugs Aria, catching her by surprise. She looks at him confused "F-father?"

"I've been wanting to do that since I saw you," the Overlord tells her "it's good to see you, my daughter."

"Thanks daddy," Aria responds

"Yo let's go!" Lloyd shouts from the ground

Aria kisses her father on the cheek before jumping from the Garmatron, landing beside Lloyd. The two race through the streets and into the nearby forest. Following the map they were led into an unknown area of Ninjago, strictly prohibited for anyone to enter.

"Are we sure we're going the right way?" Lloyd asks before bumping into Aria, he rubs his head annoyed "Why did you-"

Lloyd stops as he saw what was in front of them, the ruins of an old kingdom.

"Yeah," Aria says "I think we're in the right place."