Chapter 80: The Servant of Evil

I didn't clarify in the chapter, but they are 12 in the next flashback chapters.

"Lloyd!"

The young servant ran through the hall, hearing the young princess call for him.

"LLOYD"

Lloyd panted as he reached the door of the princess's room.

"Yes, Your Highness," Lloyd stood up straight.

His Princess walked towards him and spun around.

"What do you think of this one?" She asks.

"Your dress?" Lloyd questions "Princess."

"Yes, this one or the one from yesterday?" The Princess asks.

"I think they both look beautiful on you," Lloyd smiles.

The princess sighs "Hanabusa, throw them both out."

"Yes ma'am," her guard sighs.

"I don't understand," Lloyd says confused "I think they're both pretty. Princess Aria, you look good in everything."

"Yes, that is true, but still not good enough," Aria sighs "If my servant since childhood still isn't amazed then neither am I."

"Yes, your Highness," Lloyd replies with a smile.

"Princess, your father has called for you." Another of her guards, Kaname, tells her.

"Already?!" Aria quickly ran out of the room.

Lloyd sighs before rushing after her. Aria opened the doors to the hall where her father stood, speaking to a general.

"Daddy!" Aria runs to him.

"There's my little princess," her father, Svern, picks her up and spins her around before placing her on the ground.

Lloyd stood off to the side as Layla entered the room with her servant, Mistake, behind her.

"Mom," Lloyd ran to his mother.

"Shh," Mistake puts a finger to her lips with a smile.

Lloyd nods and stood beside Mistake. Layla walks up to the two with a peculiar look on her face.

"I hope you weren't off pestering Ryo again," Layla comments.

"I wasn't," Svern tells her.

"Mama," Aria tugs on her mother's skirt "don't."

"I'm just saying," Layla replies as she bends down to Aria "how are you today my little star?"

"I couldn't find the dress I wanted to wear to see dad," Aria replies before turning to Svern.

"What do you mean dear?" Svern asks "You look beautiful in everything."

"I don't know," Aria looks down "I need new training outfits though."

"What happened to your old ones?" Layla questions.

"...I kinda.. burned them." Aria replies looking away from her mother.

"Oh dear," Layla says.

"She's a growing dragon," Svern looks at his wife "if we could get fireproof material from Ninjago then maybe-"

"No," Layla cuts him off without another thought "nobody is to pass the border, not even us. We can make as many clothes as we can for our daughter's basic training."

Svern looks annoyed as Layla stood up and covered her face with her fan, leaving only her eyes in view. The look in her eyes meant a clear no.

"That's ok," Aria smiles "I'm going to see how the white knights are doing!"