Chapter 54: The Hands of Time

"Absolutely not!"

"But your highness," Hanabusa whines.

Lloyd sighs as he stood beside the throne in which Aria sat. It didn't take long for the white knights to resume their roles of Aria's elite guards, as they did many years ago. They took their jobs of guarding the palace with great seriously, they however was having issues in convincing Aria to hire new black nights to guard the palace.

"The kingdom is still small," Aria says as she taps her nails against the arm rest of her throne "there is not a soul alive we can trust. The only people I have great trust in is those already within the palace."

"That's only us and Lloyd!" Hanabusa argues.

"Exactly," Aria leans back "and that is who I trust. It will take years for us to regain our former stance."

"As of right now we have no footing to stand on." Lloyd explains "With little threat within the kingdom the white knights shall suffice until we gain more allies."

"And what allies can we gain?!" Hanabusa questions "All those in Ninjago side with the light, they refuse to hear us out."

"That is true." Aria agrees "The only people still loyal to Del have already rejoined the country. Young and old."

"We're lucky master Yang stayed within the realm of the dead," Hanabusa sighs "he would've posed a greater threat then the ninja."

"You're refurring to the master of airjitzu?" Aria questions.

"Your brother yes," Hanabusa nods.

"Her majesty doesn't have a brother," Lloyd gives him a look "or has all those years being dead gone to your brain."

"No no, of course not." Hanabusa laughs nervously "Did I say brother? I misspoke."

"Regardless of what is happening on their end, we still have the ace in the hole." Aria comments.

"That's right," Lloyd agrees as he looks out the window. "A weapon not even the ninja realize exists."

"Princess!"

The three turn their heads to Rima, who ran into the hall.

"What is it?" Lloyd asks.

"You.. you might wanna see this." Rima replies.

-

"What in the world?"

Aria, Lloyd, Hanabusa, and Rima stood inside the temple of time where they had found the Overlord's human body. The pedestals where two of the temple's missing artifact's resided, were glowing.

"That's unusual," Aria hums as she walks towards it.

"The time blades went missing during the serpentine war," Lloyd says "after we had already been beheaded, it makes no sense that they are being activated."

"Unless it's users have returned to the current time," Aria comments.

"You mean Krux and Acronix are back?" Lloyd questions.

"You mean the old master's of time?" Hanabusa looks confused. "That doesn't make sense, they fought alongside Wu and Garmadon."

"We all perished before this," Aria turns to him "according to history, the so-called Hands of Time felt they controlled the most powerful Element, therefore entitling them to rule all of Ninjago. They betrayed the Elemental Masters and fought against them."

"How did they get their hands on two of the relics of time?" Rima asks "If Del was already destroyed, they shouldn't have been able to enter."

"Unless they were of Del blood," Lloyd points out "Krux and Acronix were Deltorian's."