Chapter 67: Iron and Stone

"Mama?" Aria approaches her mother, only the age of 4.

"What is it my little star?" Layla smiles as she picks up her young daughter.

"Why don't I get to see my Grandma and Grandpa, like the other kids in the village?" Aria asks.

"Well, uh," Layla thinks "You see, your grandfather passed away dear and mama's not allowed to visit grandma."

"Why?" Aria tilts her head.

"It's a long story love," Layla sighs at the thought "unfortunately, mama was framed for something very very bad. So, we can't go and see grandma."

"What does framed mean?" Aria asks.

"It means someone else did the very bad thing they said I did, does that makes sense?" Layla questions."

"Mhm," Aria nods before pouting "That's not fair, if mama didn't do it, why was she punished?"

"That's just how things worked," Layla hugs Aria "but it doesn't matter anymore. Cause I have you now."

"I'll fix it mama," Aria smiles up at her. "Then you can see grandma again!"

"Oh, my baby girl," Layla hugs her tighter "it means a lot that you say that... but it simply can't be undone."

Aria, no longer as a dragon, walked through the realm of the Oni and the dragon. Miles ago, the land had changed from brown desert, to black. The air seemed thick, and darkness reeked in the air. She could feel eyes on her, though the creatures not visible.

It wasn't until she approached a large, gated village that she stopped walking. The doors suddenly fell open, landing with a thud. Aria stared up at the figured that stood in the door, all of them wore a mask and had horns.

"We've been expecting you," the leader in the front smiled slightly "the sin of the mother is not that of the daughter."

"I'm glad you think so," Aria responds with her eyes narrowed "Oni."

Back in Ninjago, the Resistance drives up to the Garbage Depot.

"What is this place?" Lloyd asks.

"I call it, the rest of the Resistance" Skylor replies before turning to the others "We can trust him, right?"

"You trusted Hanabusa," Reika points out.

"Yeah, but he's an idiot." Skylor responds.

"Hey!" Hanabusa popped up from the back "I heard that!"

They all get out of the truck.

Tox looks at Dareth "Just what are you supposed to be?"

"I'm Dareth, master of, uh...uh, Brown" he replies.

"Brown?" Tox questions

"You'll witness my power" Dareth replies.

Skylor groans.

"So, you Elemental Masters call this dump your home?" Dareth questions

"Nu-uh. Not dump. Depot" Karlof replies.

"We've found it to be a perfect cover. It allows us to go wherever we want in the city while keeping an eye on things" Skylor explains.

Reika smiles "Thank you, Skylor. But how did Hanabusa know where to find us? How did you know we were in trouble?"

"A little birdie told us," Skylor replies.

Mistaké reveals herself "Hello again, young green ninja."