Chapter 89: Seabound

"And you're sure you can get the job done?"

"You have my word,"

Many trucks arrive at a remote village, driven by a bunch of crooks who are being led by Miss Demeanor.

Miss Demeanor blows a bubble of gum before it pops, and she jumps out of her truck "What am I doing out here? Ah, I hate the country. I'm a city girl. New rule! From now on, we only commit crimes in the city! Unless they pay triple."

"Uh, they are paying triple, Mrs. Demeanor." one of her people reply

"It's not Mrs. Demeanor, it's Miss Demeanor!" She fires her flamethrower at her henchman "How many times do I have to say it?"

"Sorry, Miss Demeanor."

"Why'd they want to meet out here anyway?" Miss Demeanor questions annoyed "We're in the middle of nowhere!"

"Probably so those nosy ninjas don't find us."

Reika, Kai, and Jay jump down in front of the group, dramatically revealing themselves.

"Too late for that!" Reika announces.

"That's the best you got?" Kai questions.

"We're out of practice, okay?!" Reika replies.

The ninja face Miss Demeanor, who is rambling about waiting for this moment.

"Oh, wait, wait, wait, I had a line for this. Oh yeah, I've got a warm welcome planned!" She fires her flamethrowers at them "Get the trucks out of here. You four, get the ninja!"

The three dodges as the henchman attack.

"I don't get it. Why do we fight common thugs so often?" Jay questions as he knocks back one of the henchmen.

"I told you things were boring without Aria around." Reika comments.

"Yeah, but I also don't have a headache with them gone," Jay replies.

"Guys!" Kai shouts, pointing to Miss Demeanor who was getting in a van.

"So long, ninja! I hope our paths cross again!" She laughs as she gets away, but Cole appears in front of her on his dirt bike.

"How's this? Too soon?" Cole fires at the trucks, two of which are disabled.

Miss Demeanor return fires at him, knocking his dirt bike over, then drives past him "Nice try, ninja! You almost had me!"

"Nya, Zane, they're headed your way." Kai says into his hood "Cut them off. We'll catch up."

Reika and the others catch up to the vans as Nya summoned a water cyclone from the village rice paddies. It soon began to spiral out of control.

"Now! Hit the truck!" Reika shouts as the tornado goes around the truck. "Nya, drop it on the truck!"

"I'm trying. It's not obeying!" they hear Nya respond.

The ninja rush to the scene to join the other two. The tornado heads towards Nya as Zane pushes her out of the way.

"They're getting away!" Jay points at the truck that was speeding away.

"We have bigger problems right now!" Cole turns his head towards the cyclone that was moving towards the village.

The ninja rush to save the village as Miss Demeanor escapes. The truck soon arrives on the outskirts of the Del kingdom. Where Lloyd stood waiting for the truck with the remaining of the white knights.

"Did you get stopped?" Lloyd asks.

Miss Demeanor jumps off the truck and stops in front of Lloyd "Just the ninja, nothing we couldn't handle."

"Is it all there?" Lloyd walks around the truck.

The henchmen open the back of the truck to reveal the load of Venge stone.

"All there an accounted for," Miss Demeanor replies "So about the payment..."

Hanabusa hands her a case and she grabs it, she cheers for joy as the remaining white knights start unloading the stone. Lloyd hands Miss Demeanor a paper after the truck was finished being unloaded. With that Lloyd headed back inside Del as they drove away.

"It was venge stone," Cole tells the ninja.

After saving the village, the group had gone back to the bounty to figure out what went wrong with Nya's powers.

"What was?" Reika asks.

"The rock in that truck," Cole replies "it was venge stone."

"First at Shintaro, now with Miss Demeanor." Kai says, "Someone's cooking up something."

"I can smell Aria all over this," Reika comments.

"Not everything has to do with Aria Reika," Kai sighs.

"You just miss her," Cole says.

"I do, it's been years." Reika sighs "I just wonder if they're plotting something or could they have finally given up on revenge."

"We met a snake who didn't give up on revenge for a decade." Jay says, "I wouldn't count them out yet."

-

"Your highness,"

Aria was sitting in the nursery with her 2-year-old sons, they were holding onto their cribs while standing up beside each other.

"What's up?" Aria asks.

"Uh," Hanabusa sighs "there's an ocean around us."

Aria and Hanabusa placed the boys in their crib before running outside. The citizens were gathered around the town square, Aria and Hanabusa joined Lloyd and the white knights. They were all looking up at the top of the barrier, they were surrounded by ocean.

"What the hell is going on over there?!" Aria questions.

"The ninja fucked something," Lloyd replies.

"Does this hinder our plans your highness?" Rima asks.

"Are we drowning yet?" Aria questions in responds "If not, then no."

The white knights look at each other before Lloyd turns to them.

"You heard her, get back to work!" Lloyd commands.

"The ninja will solve it, I'm sure." Aria turns to go back into the castle.

Lloyd sighs "We hope so."