Chapter 21: The Point of No Return

The kids walked through the ruined town, glancing at everything.

"What does the map say?" Lloyd asks "I wanna get back before everything's over."

"Yeah me too," Aria agrees "But I'm.. I don't know how to explain it."

"You're getting a weird sense of deja vu right?" Lloyd questions surprised "I've been feeling it too."

"Yeah," Aria nods "I wanna get out of this creepy place."

Lloyd takes Aria's wrist and leads her through the ruins before they exited it and continued walking. The two stopped when they saw the ruins of the old castle.

"Please tell me we don't have to go there." Lloyd whines

"We don't," Aria points to the path beside it "we have to go there."

"Is this place where you parents ruled during that old battle?" Lloyd asks

"Seems like it," Aria replies "that might be why I have the deja vu feeling."

The two turn away from the old palace and head down the path beside it. Lloyd suddenly stopped and turned his head to the palace, he got a really strange feeling from it. It was a strange sense of comfort that he hadn't felt before. Lloyd took a step towards it but stopped himself.

"Lloyd," Aria called to him "come on."

"Coming," Lloyd turns away from it and runs after her.

The path led the kids into the forest again, they stopped when they saw a building like the temple of light on the dark island. The temple was not in ruins, it was completed reserved and looked new.

"I don't know what's creepier, the ruins, or the fact this is the only building not in ruins." Lloyd shivers

"Well, my father did say his body was in here." Aria points out "Maybe his powers preserved it."

"Your father's human body wouldn't have any power in it," Lloyd argues.

"Well-" Aria thought for a second "No you have a point." She turns back to the building "Well. we're going in."

Lloyd walks ahead of Aria before opening the large doors. The two walked inside and immediately crystals lit up around them, the purple lights emitted onto the walls and floor, making a clear path to the center.

"What the heck?!" Lloyd walked to the wall and pointed at it "Look Aria, it's your mother!"

Aria walked over and lit a fire in her hand, the walls were covered in images of Aria's mother Layla and the Overlord in his human body.

"It's a mural," Aria tells him "It's telling the story of how my parents met and fell in love." she points to another image with a baby "Up to where I was born."

"Ha," Lloyd points to another image on the other side of the temple, it was one of Aria as a princess looking arrogant "Looks like I was right, your a spoiled brat."

"Mhm," Aria smirks "And looks like you're about to be my servant."

"What?!" Lloyd turns his head to see him standing behind her in the image "Dang it!"

The two follow the wall to the center, where stood a painting, covering the last depiction.