Chapter 48: Tale of Celest Part 3

"Svern!" Layla called out as she peeked her head out of their house.

They didn't know how much time had passed in the first realm since their departure. The two had disappeared into Layla's pocket realm and never looked back. However, the great dragon was having a hard time adjusting to a world so peaceful.

"Svern," Layla approached him.

Svern opened one of his eyes ,seeing his wife standing above him. The two had chose to build their little house right next to the first tree of the realm that was now being surrounded by many young ones. It was Svern's favorite place to lay with his thoughts.

"What is it bunny?" Svern asks.

"You were out here for awhile," Layla replies as she bends down beside him and pokes his cheek "Are you alright?"

"Perfectly fine love," Svern says as he takes her hand and smiles "I've never been happier."

Layla smiles as he sat up and pulled her into his lap. The two spent many years just like that, enjoying every minute in each other's company.

"Svern," Layla looks up at him from his lap "do you think we did the right thing?"

"No," Svern kisses the top of her head "but I don't care."

"If you don't, then neither do I." Layla replies happily. "I never want to see that cursed place again."

"Come on," Svern rubbed her arm "let's go home."

Layla hopped off his lap before he stood up and took her hand, going inside the house together. The years to come were just as peaceful as ever, Layla was able to create herself a garden to make the couple food. Their happy life however, took a turn one day when they found their favorite tree beginning to wilt.

"Why is this happening?" Layla questioned as she took one of the dead leaves in her hand. "Is my power.. disappearing?"

Svern stared at it before turning to look at the other growing trees, none of them wilting.

"It's just the circle of life," Svern takes her hand "things come and go."

"It's so sad though." Layla looks down upsettingly.

"You can always create more dear," Svern says.

"But it was your favorite tree," Layla turns around to face him "How could you not be sad?"

"Things eventually will die as time passes," Svern comforts her "but something beautiful will take it's place to keep it's memory alive. As long as we are here, things will continue to grow and die. As light can't exist without darkness, morning cannot exist without night, life cannot exist without death."

"Then I'll make more!" Layla tells him "I'll grow a tree even bigger then this one for you to nap under!"

"That's my girl," Svern chuckles.

That however, was not the last of it. The realm continued changing, without proper stabilization it had little compacity for life. Layla felt defeated and grew saddened by the day. Svern was unable to help his wife, as he was only capable of destruction. One day Layla and Svern walked out of their house to find a rift in the realm.

"Svern," Layla grabbed his arm.

Svern stood in front of her protectively as a figure came out from the rift before closing behind him. Layla gasped as Svern's eyes turned into dragon slits.

"Wait!" Layla pulled him back.

Svern looked confused as Layla turned to face the stranger with a smile.