Chapter 3: Rise of the Snakes

After a month of being under room arrest, Lloyd and Aria snuck out the first chance they got.

"Candy, candy, candy," Lloyd chants as they walked down the road

Aria giggles "You're really excited aren't you."

"Yeah, it's been awhile since we got some." Lloyd smiles "Where we going this time?"

"Well since we were chased out of the last village we're going to try Jamanakai." Aria replies "Though I don't know how much they know about our school. You're prepared for the worst right?"

"Always," Lloyd nods

The children followed the road until they arrived at Jamanakai Village. Immediately, they entered to see the place empty. People peeking out from their houses.

"And they know," Aria turns to Lloyd "it's your fault for being a carbon copy of your father."

"I am not," Lloyd argues "I really wanted some candy too."

"Then let's just take it," Aria smirks "if they won't accept us buying it, we are villains after all."

"Hehe," Lloyd chuckles "This is why you're the brains."

The kids head to the candy stand and people started coming out to yell at the children. Realizing the shadow they saw wasn't Lord Garmadon.

"Looks like we're caught," Aria mutters

"We got got," Lloyd mutters and Aria gives him a look.

"You rotten kids!"

"Leave our village!"

"You're the ones that ran and hid!" Aria shouts at them "You always think the worst!"

"Just give us some candy or we'll release the Serpentine on you!" Lloyd threatens

The villagers start booing at them. Aria backs up before she and Lloyd were suddenly picked up.

"Ah!" Aria shouts

"You really can't stay out of trouble can you?" Cole looks down at her

"You again!" Aria growls

Lloyd, who was picked up by Jay, hit him with a can.

"Don't worry, folks, we'll take care of this." Kai says "Nothing to see here."

"Bow down to me or suffer my wrath! I'll give you to the count of three! One! Two!" Lloyd shouts

"What are we supposed to do? Spank him?" Kai questions

"Two and a half!" Lloyd shouts

"Counting works on kids not them!" Aria looks at him

"I'm runnin out of idea's here!" Lloyd replies

The ninja hang Lloyd on a sign.

Lloyd screams "You just made me your nemesis! Mark my words, you'll pay for this!"

"This is child abuse," Aria kicks Cole in the knee and he drops her on the ground.

"Ow!" Cole holds onto his knee "Damn it Aria!"

Aria ran over to Lloyd and helped him off the sign.

"I've had enough of this unfair treatment," Aria says as she turns back to the ninja "You'll all regret this, I promise you that."

Aria and Lloyd then ran out of the village with the ninja watching after them.

"Unfair treatment?" Kai questions "They were stealing."

"I don't know," Cole sighs "I hope she just goes back to school."

Lloyd and Aria wander the frozen wastelands of Ninjago, following the map in Aria's hand.

"Stupid Ninja. I'll show them who they're dealing with" Lloyd kicks a stone that lands somewhere, making a clang sound. "What was that?"

"Our destination," Aria folds the map up

Aria bends down and wipes the snow from the top of the tomb.

"It is the first of five Serpentine Tombs, the Hypnobrai." Aria tells him

Lloyd bends down and unlocks it, the two kids fall inside, landing in the icy tomb.

"I think it's colder down here then out there," Aria comments as she shivers

Lloyd takes his hoodie off and gives it to her. Aria slips it on before the two look around.

"You are out of your mind to venture so far away from home, little ones"

The two whip around to see a snake coming closer to them. Lloyd moves in front of Aria.

"Look into my eyes." The snake's eyes glow "Give up your mind. I will control you."

As he's about to hypnotize Lloyd, Lloyd grabs Aria and pulls her to the ground, causing the snake Slithraa to hypnotize himself after looking at his own reflection on the ice pillar.

"So a snake's powers can be used against itself," Aria comments as she got up from the ground "good to know."

Lloyd chuckles as he turns to the snake "I will control you from now on"

Aria turns around, seeing other snakes coming out from hiding.

"What shall you have us do, Master?" Slytheraa asks bowing

Aria and Lloyd look at each other with a glint in their eyes.

-

The Ninja are properly practicing with their weapons while Wu sees through the Spirit Smoke that the Serpentine have been released.

Wu ran out to the courtyard "The Serpentine are back! Everyone in Jamanakai Village is in danger!"

The Ninja go to the dragon cabinets to mount their respective Dragons. The Ninja arrive at Jamanakai Village when other villagers are still running away. Aria giggled as Lloyd ran around happily after eating candy.

"I'm never coming down from this sugar ride! Woo-hoo!" Lloyd cheers

The Ninja stand in front of him.

"Sorry to bust your buzz, little Garmadon" Cole says

"Not again!" Aria complains

Jay smirks "But it's already past your bedtime"

"Get them!" Lloyd shouts

Both the Serpentine and the villagers surround the Ninja.

"The whole village has been hypnotized" Cole says

Jay tries to use his weapon before Zane stops him "No! Our weapons are too unstable. We can do more harm than good"

"I guess that leaves us with run!" Jay shouts

Lloyd and Aria laugh as the ninja quickly run away. The kids continued raiding the place until the ninja appeared again, ready to fight. They quickly defeated the snakes, Aria grabbed Lloyd's arm and they began to run away.

"Ha! Consider this a warning, Ninja!" Lloyd laughs crazily.

Zane stops Lloyd with his Shurikens, which made Aria stop and run back to him. Zane approaches them using Spinjitzu.

"Sensei was right." Kai says as he joins Zane "Never put off until tomorrow what can be done today. We should've dealt with you two the first time around."

"We need to get out of here," Aria whispers to Lloyd "or we're done for."

Lloyd shrieks "Retreat!"

The closing snakes, made way for Lloyd and Aria to run away from the ninja with their army of snakes. They arrived back at the tomb where Lloyd crashed onto the ground, his sugar high coming down.

Aria sighed as she turned to see the second in command, Skales, arguing with the general before walking away.

"This could be trouble," Aria mutters before looking over at Lloyd who was asleep, and smiles. "Oh, what am I to do with you Lloyd?"