Chapter 90: The Council

I did not plan much for the in between seasons, so sorry if it seems rushed a bit, we'll get to the good stuff soon.

As Aria had predicted, the sea levels went down, and everything returned to normal. The peaceful days were over, with the last shipment of venge stone secured. They were full on the way for war. A year had passed since preparations began, the twins were carefully watched by the maids, so that the white knights could return to work.

Everything was finally completely, only one thing was left, the gathering of the new council. They were all villains Aria had seen or worked with in the past, they all wanted revenge. Pythor, Aspheera, Vangelis, and a newly modeled Mister E sat together in the meeting hall when Hanabusa led in the mechanic, closing the door behind them.

"Mr. E?" the Mechanic questions.

"Mister F." Pythor corrects "He's the new model. Unfortunately, he still doesn't talk."

"And you are?" Vangelis asks.

"Me? Uh, I'm - I'm the Mechanic, of course, as you can see." the Mechanic replies.

"Should I know that name?" Vangelis raises his eyebrow.

"Well, if you live in Ninjago City, you do." the Mechanic replies "I'm the one who unleashed Unagami, before the ninja messed everything up and turned him into a sappy kid!"

"The ninja have meddled in all our plans." Aspheera complains "The time for revenge is at hand. Revenge. Revenge!"

"Revenge, revenge" Pythor mocks.

"What?" Aspheera glares at him.

"What what?" Pythor asks.

"What did you say?" Aspheera questions angrily.

"I don't know." Pythor shrugs "What did I say?"

"So uh, where are we exactly?" the Mechanic asks.

"Where else you dunderhead?!" Aspheera turns to him "We're in Del!"

"This one must've been dragged out of an ally," Pythor comments "or living under a rock."

"This is... Del?" the Mechanic looks around the hall. "We're in the palace?"

The doors of the hall opened and in walked Lloyd with Shiki and Rima.

"Where is the empress sir Lloyd?" Vangelis asks. "We haven't seen her since we've been here?!"

"You should watch your tone, Vangelis." Lloyd eyes glowed pink as he turned to him with a threating look "You have me to thank for those shiny new wings. Or perhaps you'd rather reconsider and have us send you back to where we found you?"

"What does Empress Aria want from us?" Aspheera asks.

"She will explain soon enough," Lloyd replies as he scans the villains "Unfortunately, it seems we have an imposter among us."

The villains gasps.

"What? Where?" Pythor looks around.

The Mechanic and Lloyd lock eyes, the Mechanic shifts in their seat.

"Who?" the Mechanic questions.

Aspheera whips around to Vangelis "It's you!"

"How dare you?!" Vangelis shouts

"You're the only one wearing a mask!" Aspheera argues.

"Are you blind? So is he!" Vangelis points toward Mister F

Mister F glares at Vangelis.

"Be quiet all of you!" Lloyd shouts. "All of you. Look, and see for yourselves."

A Crystal Spider plays its recording from the train tunnel, where the ninja was fighting the Mechanic. The recording reveals that the Mechanic there was a fake, it was Reika. When the recording ends, everyone turns and stares at Reika.

"Well, you see," Reika laughs "You're forgetting one thing."

"What's that?" Vangelis questions

"That!" Reika points at the wall, then runs away when everyone turns away from her.

"Hanabusa!" Lloyd shouts.

Hanabusa and Rima quickly runs after her along with the council.

"This is bad, this is really really bad." Reika mutters as she runs "I have no idea how to get out of Del."

Pythor suddenly appears in front of her and grabs her. Reika does Spinjitzu and knocks the villains back. Mister F hits Reika with his blaster and she falls to the floor.

"My my, what a pleasant surprise."

Reika looks up from the ground to see herself surrounded by the villains, Hanabusa, and Rima. Lloyd stood beside them and turned his head. Reika could pick her voice out of a crowd, even if she couldn't see her.

"I always knew you ninja were balsy," Aria giggles "but you walked into a lion's den my dear."