Chapter 87: My Sweet Boys

The white knights stood outside the door anxiously with some of the maids.

"You think they're ok in there?" Hanabusa questions.

"They're fine captain, have patience." Rima tells him.

"I can't, I had more patience when I was dead!" Hanabusa complains.

"He's not going to stop Rima, save your breath." Shiki tells her.

Hanabusa continued pacing as the other knights stood in place watching him. Eventually they heard crying and turned their heads. The door opened up and Lloyd gave them an annoyed look.

"Would you all not crowd around the room?!" Lloyd shouts before smiling "You wanna see your new princes?"

"Yes!" Hanabusa shouts.

Lloyd walked into the room with the white knights all following. Aria laid in bed, holding both babies, looking as energetic as ever.

"Even after giving birth to two boys our Empress is sitting tall," Rima comments as she stood on one side of the bed.

"Awww!" Hanabusa stood beside Lloyd "They're so cute.

"Shh," Aria put a finger to her lips "they're sleeping."

"They were just born a few hours ago, isn't it bad that they're sleeping?" Lloyd asks.

"Not at all, I slept right after I was born." Aria replies.

Lloyd takes one of the boys from Aria.

"Hey little guy," Hanabusa greets as he holds a finger out to the baby.

"Don't touch my son Hanabusa," Lloyd takes a step away "stupidity is contagious."

"What?!" Hanabusa turns to him.

The white knights laugh as Aria rocked the son in her arms, who was wide awake, quietly staring at his mother. Rima bends down beside the bed and watches the child with Aria.

"This one's a peculiar one," Rima comments.

"He won't let Lloyd hold him," Aria turns to her "don't know why."

"He just cries every time I do," Lloyd sighs.

"Motherly bond, don't feel bad about it sir." Rima says.

Rima stood back up as Shiki, who was at the door, raises his hand.

"So, got names?" He asks.

"Ren and Len," Lloyd replies.

"This one's Ren," Aria gestures to the son in her arms.

The knights smile and watch the two young babies, after a while one of the maids shoo them off so Aria could rest. Aria handed Ren off to Lloyd, who didn't cry this time.

"See, he's warming up to you." Aria smiles before closing her eyes.

"Get some rest," Lloyd whispers as he kisses her forehead.

Lloyd carries his two newborn sons up into the nursery, that had finished being made a week prior. He places them into their cribs, Len continued sleeping as Ren sat there staring up at Lloyd.

"You're just like your mother you know," Lloyd comments to his son "she was weird too."

Lloyd sat in the chair besides them as Ren continued watching him.

"You can sleep safely Ren," Lloyd tells him "Nobody will hurt you with me here."

Ren rolled over to lay on his side as he stared at Lloyd, until he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.