Chapter 28: The Titanium Ninja

Aria and Lloyd sat in the front of the copter as they soared back to Ninjago city. In the back, Reika's golden powers were being extracted from her to create a new body for him.

"Why exactly did we need to create your father a new body?" Lloyd questions

"Cause his old one is missing remember," Aria points out "It should've been in the Temple of Time."

"Temple of Time?" Lloyd shakes his head "I thought that was the temple of Darkness?"

"Uh, what?" Aria looks confused

The back room suddenly exploded and the two got to their feet.

"Daddy!" Aria shouts

Lloyd grabs Aria before she ran into the fire "I know you're crazy but that's a new low for you!"

"But my father-"

"You can't run into fire idiot!" Lloyd shouts at her "The ship's gonna crash!"

"Losing altitude." the computer says " Impact in T-minus 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2-"

"Hold your breath!" Lloyd shouts

 "1"

The copter crashes into the sea, the small windows shattering on impact. The copter almost instantly fills with water. Lloyd swims to the door and tries to pull it open, but the pressure from the sea wasn't allowing it.

Lloyd started hitting it with his body as Aria searched the ship for her father's hard drive. Aria put her hand over her mouth as she lost air. Lloyd doing the same as he turns to her. Aria reaches out and Lloyd takes her hand.

The two had given up and were already halfway under consciousness. Arms wrapped around the two of them, the figure breaks open the doors and pulls them to the surface.

Gasping for breath Reika pulls the two to a nearby land, laying them on the sand. She sighed in relief upon finding that they were still breathing. Reika then stood up and ran into the forest. An hour had passed, and Lloyd opened his eyes to a laugh.

"I am free!"

Lloyd shot up seeing the Overlord in his weakened physical form, Aria lying beside him staring up at the sky.

"How are we alive?" Aria mutters

"I don't know.." Lloyd responds before turning to the Overlord who was approaching them.

"I'm glad to see you two are safe," he says

"My lungs hurt," Aria tells him as she sat up slowly.

"Lack of air honey, take it easy." The Overlord says before laughing "Cause our day is just beginning children."

-

Aria and Lloyd arrived in Ninjago city days later, the Overlord and Pythor were in the Lost City of Ouroboros preparing their plan B.

"Aria this is no time for sight-seeing!" Lloyd shouts, turning around to find his best friend staring at something in the distance.

"But the citizens are gathering other there," Aria points out.

"All the more reason we need to sneak around now, while they're not paying attention!" Lloyd argues.

"Yeah yeah," Aria sighs before running over to him.

"Where would it be?" Lloyd mutters as he walks around the city. He stops and turns to see Aria looking around still "Why am I taking this more serious than you?!"

"Hm.." Aria looks up before looking back at him "Don't know?"

"Ugh," Lloyd turns back around and continues in the direction he was going "Stay behind then."