Chapter 25: The Art of the Silent Fist

Just outside of Garmadon's Monastery, the Ninja are busy hiding their vehicles when they heard a voice.

"What are you all doing here?" Misako asks as she approaches.

The ninja all turned to Misako.

"The Overlord's back and New Ninjago City has fallen under his control." Kai tells her "He has Sensei Wu"

"Wu's tough." Misako says "There's a reason he's lived as long as he has"

"Where's Reika?" Kai asks

"Yeah, and where's Lord Garmadon?" Cole questions

"He no longer goes by Lord. Here, he is Sensei Garmadon and he won't be back until this evening's lesson" Misako replies "Reika is with him, you all can wait inside for them, but your weapons are not allowed. Ever since he was saved, Garmadon sworn an oath to never fight in hope to make up for his evil past. It's an oath he takes very seriously."

"You guys go on ahead, I will stay back and watch over them" Zane says and the Ninja give him their Techno Blades.

-

Aria and Lloyd sat together inside Borg's office with the Overlord on the screen. In the next room, Wu's mind was being analyzed to find the ninja. Lloyd was on his computer making new bots, using Zane's blueprint that they received from P.I.X.A.L's scan.

"Do not look upset my daughter," the Overlord says "the plan was going perfectly. It was thanks to that meddling inventor that we failed."

"No it's my own," Aria argues "my emotions play a big part in my powers. If i cannot control them, then I have no use for them."

"You will learn in time," the Overlord tells her "Trust me, it comes with age."

-

At nightfall, the Ninja sit down with the other students for training. They gasp when they see Garmadon's shadow has four arms. This turns out to be someone else, who opens the door for him.

"Ah ninja," Garmadon turns to them "glad you could join us."

"Check out the new Sensei. Looking sharp" Jay whispers to Cole

"Silence!" Garmadon hits him with his staff.

"Ow!" Jay whines

Garmadon looks around "Where is-"

"I'm here" Reika runs in the door "I'm sorry I'm late sensei"

"Hey sis," Kai waves to her

"Kai?!" Reika looks surprised "Guys?"

"Close your mouth and open your ears." Garmadon instructs. He taps his staff on the ground "Tonight's lesson is the Art of the Silent Fist. To fight without fighting. May I have a volunteer?"

"Ooo me me!" Reika raises her hand

"Come," Garmadon waves her up

"The Ultimate Battle: Round Two!" Nya shouts

"Attack me. But please, no powers. You know I happen to like my monastery" Garmadon says and the kids laugh. Reika charges at him, but Garmadon dodges, making her run into a table "You see, the key is balance. Let your opponent fight themself" He dodges more of Reika's attacks. "Let the enemy tire themself"

Garmadon yawns then dodges, Reika slams into a support column.

"Pupils, I give you the most powerful Ninja in all the land, the Golden Ninja" Garmadon says and the kids laugh, but the Ninja facepalm.

"Hehehe," Reika laughs as she looks up at Garmadon from the floor "that's a nice trick Sensei."

Garmadon helps her stand and she bows to him.