Chapter 90 fight

The next day, Su Xiaohan posted the recruitment notice for the herb garden.

Everyone gathered around, but they were illiterate and could only listen to what Su Xiaohan said.

"Dr. Su, why do you need to be literate to use medicinal herbs?"

Su Xiaohan said with a smile: "Because medicinal herbs are relatively expensive, a small one can cost more than ten yuan, and a large one can cost thousands of gold. Therefore, we must first memorize the properties of medicinal herbs to avoid making mistakes."

Someone didn't want to be literate, so he said, "Dr. Su, I'm not enlightened. Just let me take care of the cheapest herbs. I really can't read."

Su Xiaohan knew that this matter was really not urgent, so he said: "It's okay, but the more expensive the herbs are, the more the wages will be. Everyone should be able to understand this."

"Understood, of course I can."

"It's better to be literate. If you are literate, you can make a lot of money."

Su Xiaohan smiled, this was the effect he wanted.

A woman was worried and asked, "Dr. Su, can we women also work in the herb garden?"

In the past, women in Dingzhou could only work as servants in other people's homes, or they would do some small business with their own men, and they almost never worked by themselves.

Su Xiaohan nodded and said, "Women and brothers are thoughtful and can do things like handling herbs better than men."

"But if we work with men, won't we cause people to gossip?"

Before Su Xiaohan could speak, Lin Niang spoke first, "What's the situation in Fengyang and Linwu now? It's good to have food to eat. Who cares about men and women? When the earthquake happened earlier, everyone was not affected together. They were pressed under the ground, and they were lying in the same tent while they were being treated for their injuries. Are they separated into men and women now? It's too late."

Everyone agreed upon hearing this. Who cares about this when we are starving to death?

"Then I want to sign up."

"I'll sign up too."

Lin Niang was the first to apply for the literacy position in front of everyone. She never thought about whether she could be literate, she just wanted to help Su Xiaohan.

As soon as she reported it, many people whispered to her, saying that it would be bad if she didn't do it well and spoiled the medicinal herbs worth thousands of dollars.

Su Xiaohan comforted everyone, "Don't be too nervous. If you fail the assessment in the future, you can just stay in your original position."

Some people were startled and said, "Are there still more tests?"

"This is natural. If you don't do your job well, you will be fired."

A man who had worked said: "This is how work is done. If you don't do well, you will be kicked out. After all, we are paid."

Su Xiaohan nodded, "That's right."

Lin Niang said loudly: "Doctor Su's wages are much higher than those outside. Just for this wage, we will work hard, don't you think so?"

Everyone said in unison, "Yes!"

Su Xiaohan gave Lin Niang a thumbs up.

Lin Niang smiled sheepishly.