Chapter 4 Bridal chamber

night.

The guests who came for dinner had almost left, and only a few women and husbands from the village who came to help were left in the yard.

Su Hong's family is also there.

Su Ren drank too much and was holding Qin Zichu's hand and talking nonchalantly, starting from Su Xiaohan's birth to the last few days when Su Xiaohan sat in the yard and stayed up late to dress up under the moonlight in order to save money on lamp oil.

People who drink too much always talk a little garbled and stubborn. Su Xiaohan tried to persuade her several times but failed to do so. Su Ren dragged her brother-in-law and refused to let go no matter what.

Qin Zichu was not impatient at all, but listened with great interest. From time to time, he would add some tea to his father to let him talk more.

Su Xiaohan was ashamed and embarrassed, so she hid in the house on the pretext of helping her father.

Sun Xiaoshan was counting money in the house. When he saw his brother coming in, he asked: "Xiaohan, your father is still drinking?"

"Well, my husband is with me."

Sun Xiaoshan smiled and said, "Our brother-in-law is so patient. I have been with your father all day today."

Su Xiaohan blushed and nodded.

"Dad, my aunts and uncles are still outside. Let's settle their money first."

Although they did not care about what they did today, Su Xiaohan had the same temperament as his father and did not like to make trouble with others.

Never deduct what should be given to others.

Sun Xiaoshan nodded, "That's what I mean, please help me order some."

"good."

It is common for families in the village to help each other, especially now that it is the slack season for farming. Everyone will take advantage of this time to do whatever they need to do.

Therefore, the favor fee for helping has become a common practice. Generally, it is only three to five cents per day, and it is paid back and forth. Giving too much will break the "rules" of the village.

Su Ren and Sun Xiaoshan were kind. They had discussed giving five coins before and had no intention of deducting it now.

Sun Xiaoshan had a lot of red cloth bags on hand. He and Xiaohan bought the materials in advance and cut them out themselves. They had already put melon seeds, peanuts and red dates in them.

A lot of it has been given out during the day, and now the rest is for those who help.

Su Xiaohan counted the coins and put them in. After placing five coins, he tied up the cloth bag and put it aside.

The two of them worked together and it didn't take long to get it done.

"Xiaohan, go and send these to them."

"I understand, Dad."

The person who got the red cloth bag touched it quietly, and a smile appeared on his face, "Xiaohan, you have been busy all day today, so you should rest early."

Su Xiaohan nodded, "Well, uncle, please go back early."

"Eh."

Soon all these people were gone, and only Zhu Lanxiang was left in the yard.

Zhu Lanxiang glanced at the cloth bag in Su Xiaohan's hand and said with a smile: "Xiaohan, why doesn't your uncle come out? I'll go in and scream."

Su Xiaohan knew what she meant, and her father-in-law was also prepared, so he handed her the last cloth bag, "Auntie, you have worked hard today, take this back to your cousins."