Chapter 87 Courage

Three days later, General Xiao and Xiao Chengji also arrived.

And the missing person Bing Zhizhou actually appeared. Although this person kept smiling and saying compliments, there was no smile in his eyes. He was only calculating and sizing up. After a long time, he felt bored.

Zhao Shengrui only glanced at him faintly, did not pay attention to his many excuses, and only looked at General Xiao on the other side.

"General Xiao, you've had a hard time coming here."

The old general didn't even bother to drink tea. As soon as he came in, he asked about the situation in Dingzhou.

Zhao Shengrui glanced at Pei Mo, who immediately stepped forward and reported the current situation to the old general in detail.

The old general nodded, and then cast a sharp glance at Bing Jin, "Master Zhizhou, what are you going to do next?"

Bing Jin smiled flatteringly and said tactfully: "Everything is at the command of His Highness the Seventh Highness and the General."

The old general snorted coldly, "You are a magistrate, but you don't know as much about the disaster as the leader of a local army. Those who don't know think you are just here."

Bing Jin's smile froze for a moment, but he quickly adjusted it and continued to smile: "I'm going to make you laugh. General Pei is indeed very capable. As the saying goes, those who are capable work hard. And on weekdays, General Pei is very close to the people. I heard that From time to time, the common people will send food, clothing and other things to the Dingzhou army. There are so many people affected by this disaster, so it is natural for General Pei to be anxious."

This is a hint that Pei Mo usually plunders people's things.

Pei Mo's eyes widened angrily, "Don't talk nonsense. You are deducting our military expenses and rations. Our brothers are starving to death. The people can't stand it, so they gave us some food. You have the nerve to say such things, Bing Do you want to be shameless?"

Bing Jin smiled slightly and said, "General Pei usually just insults me, but today in front of His Majesty the Seventh Prince and General Xiao, why are you so open-minded?"

Pei Mo pointed at his nose and gasped, but he didn't dare to scold him.

Zhao Shengrui finally took a serious look at Bing Jin, and said expressionlessly: "Master Bing, I heard that you have been running away for disaster relief a while ago, so you must have a lot to say, right?"

Bing Jin's expression paused.

Pei Mo said unceremoniously: "Are you out doing disaster relief? Are you still running around? How come I've never seen you before?"

Bing Jin stared at him and sneered: "General Pei and I have always been at odds. Do you mean you haven't seen each other before?"

Pei Mo was speechless, "Your Highness, General, I am telling the truth. This man named Bing has never appeared once. As soon as the earthquake happened, he hid like a turtle. Don't talk about him, just him." I haven't seen those subordinates even a few times."

Bing Jin was about to speak, but was interrupted by Zhao Shengrui, "Master Bing, you haven't answered my question yet."

Bing Jin's expression softened, and then he "reported" smoothly.

Pei Mo muttered softly, "Doesn't this change what I just said?"

Zhao Shengrui looked calm, as if he had not noticed this at all, "Since Mr. Bing has experience, it would be great. I believe our progress today will be much faster than before, Qin Zichu?"