Chapter 76 imperial examination

Because the apricot list came out late this year, there are only a few days left before the last level of the palace examination.

Preparation cannot be called preparation, it can only be said to sort out the mentality. After all, for most students, this is the first time in their lives to meet the emperor.

When the time comes, if you misbehave in front of me or say the wrong thing, let alone fame, you may risk your life.

You Wan simply gave Qin Zichu and Zhuang Xueli a surprise pre-exam guidance, mainly talking about His Majesty's preferences and temperament, as well as the King of Jin and the third prince.

According to the information he heard, the three princes were also present at this palace examination.

As the top three, the three of them received different attention from others this time, especially Qin Zichu.

He has already understood Yuan and Huiyuan, and if he gets the top prize, he will get the third place, which is the highest honor for a scholar.

At dawn five days later, all the tributes who passed the examination gathered at the entrance of the palace and were led by officials from the Ministry of Rites to the outside of the Baohe Hall. They were arranged on the east and west sides and stood facing the north.

Candidates are not allowed to speak during this period, and they are not allowed to look around while walking, otherwise it will be a breach of etiquette in front of the hall.

After all the civil and military officials and candidates stood still, the officials of Honglu Temple asked to be promoted to the hall. After everyone kowtowed and saluted, they entered the Baohe Hall one by one.

This process is highly hierarchical, all procedures are regulated, and no step can be wrong.

The palace had been arranged in advance. All candidates had one table, and the emperor personally awarded the questions.

The palace examination only tests policy questions, so there is only one question.

The imperial examination style of the Dayong Dynasty was relatively concise, with only one or two hundred words in the question.

Qin Zichu, as the Huiyuan, naturally sat in the front row. Across the aisle was Zhuang Xueli, with You Wan behind him.

Probably because he was so close to the emperor's throne, Qin Zichu always had the illusion of lying at the emperor's feet.

And he felt that countless eyes in this palace were focused on him.

Zhuang Xueli probably felt the same way.

Fortunately, during the formal examination, the civil and military officials were not in the hall, so Qin Zichu breathed a sigh of relief.

At noon, the eunuchs slowly delivered lunch, two steamed buns, and a bowl of soup to each candidate, and continued to answer questions after eating.

The palace examination ended in the afternoon, and the candidates left one by one through the east corner gate.

The second day is the reading day, and the third day is the biography ceremony.

The emperor personally presided over the passing ceremony. The rule of the Dayong Dynasty was that the rankings were passed from back to front, starting from the third one, and those whose names were passed to the palace entered the palace to express gratitude.

The third person had the most people, and it probably took more than an hour to complete, and then came the second person.

When no one was paying attention, You Wan reached out and poked Zhuang Xueli, who was standing in front of him, and whispered: "Listen for me."