Chapter 2 Engagement

Qin Zichu quickly withdrew his gaze. After all, it would be too arrogant to stare at people as soon as he arrived.

Su Xiaohan's face turned red when he saw him.

Everyone took their seats, Qin Zichu and Su Xiaohan sat on both sides of the long table, at the farthest position.

On Qin Zichu's left was Qin Village, and Zhu Lanxiang had taken the first place by the water on his right.

Su Ren and Sun Xiaoshan sat on both sides of Su Xiaohan.

Su Ren and Qin Zhuang were next to each other, while Su Xiaoxing sat between Sun Xiaoshan and Zhu Lanxiang.

"Are you the boy from the Qin family? Why are you different from what others say?"

Zhu Lanxiang came up and asked.

Sun Xiaoshan's expression suddenly became tense. He and Su Ren exchanged worried looks, gesturing for him to speak.

But before Su Ren could speak, Qin Zichu had already answered, "Maybe seeing is believing and hearing is false."

He has a calm and generous attitude, and he looks directly into the eyes of others when he speaks. He looks very sincere. In addition, his appearance is really outstanding, which makes people fall in love with him just by looking at him.

Zhu Lanxiang laughed sarcastically, "You are really a scholar."

Su Xiaoxing kept staring at Qin Zichu's face, and the more he looked at it, the worse his face became.

He has always been jealous of Su Xiaohan since he was a child. Could it be that now that Su Xiaohan is like this, he must still be jealous of him?

He came to see a good show today.

"What kind of scholar is he who has no fame at all?"

Su Xiaoxing's voice was not loud, but the room was quiet and everyone heard it.

Qin Zichu himself was fine, but Qin Zhuang was furious, "Why do you, a little brother, have no education at all?"

Seeing his brother being scolded, how could Zhu Lanxiang give up, "Isn't Xiaoxing right? Your boy Qin didn't even pass the exam. Who in Dali Village of Luobian Village doesn't know that?"

"you......"

Qin Zhuang's face was dark and red with anger.

Su Ren quickly grabbed Qin Zhuang and said, "Don't be angry, Mr. Qin. The child is ignorant, so don't argue with him."

Zhu Lanxiang had a flamboyant temper, and everyone in the village knew that she would yell about trivial matters. She also had many ways of swearing, so Su Ren and Sun Xiaoshan were actually a little afraid of her.

But on today's occasion, Su Ren still glared at Zhu Lanxiang fiercely, "Sister-in-law, what day is it today? Xiaoxing is not sensible, are you a mother who is also ignorant?"

Qin Zichu glanced at Su Xiaoxing. Su Xiaoxing immediately felt guilty and quietly reached out and took a handful of Zhu Lanxiang.

There was an awkward silence in the room for a moment.

Su Xiaohan had secretly glanced at Qin Zichu from time to time, but now he lowered his head and didn't know what he was thinking.

Sun Xiaoshan patted the back of his hand gently.

Qin Zichu chuckled to break the embarrassment, "Auntie said that I must also care about Xiaohan. On a day like today, wouldn't I deliberately come to cause trouble?"