A dark day pt1

4 days had passed and today was the day of Nash's funeral. The Taylor estate was already full to the rafters with friends family and associates who had been arriving since 9am. The cars just kept coming and people flooded inside.

"Where the hell is mom?." Venice said looking at her phone to check the time.

"She'll be here, she arrived in LA a couple of hours ago you know she had places to go while she was here.." Lani said. She looked to the door as her father walked in with Wesley and Dinah. "Dad." She said and walked over to give him a hug.
He looked drained and pale, these meds really seemed to be taking it out of him.

"Hey baby girl.." he said.

Everyone knew Keegan and everyone flocked to see him knowing he had been in Canada and had done well for himself, they all wanted to know more and it wasn't long before he was whisked away.

Jenson was greeting people and showing them through, he looked up and stopped where he was for a second, he took a deep breath when he saw Tevin. He nodded at him as he came up to him. "Jenson..."

"Tevin.." he replied both of them keeping things played down like they weren't really father and son.

"I'm here for the funeral only and then I'm gone.." Tevin told him as if he needed to get that off of his chest.
Jenson nodded and Lena appeared trying to find her husband. She could see from the other side of the room that the conversation wasn't easy between them, so she walked over.

"Jenson... can I borrow you for a second.." She said and smiled at Tevin taking Jenson away from him.

"Thank you for rescuing me

"Thank you for rescuing me." He said.

"Well I could see that it was going to get awkward... and, Keegan has just arrived... I thought you might like to see him.. you know warn him to keep it on the low today, seeing as C is on her way and they haven't seen each other since before Nash passed."

Jenson nodded, knowing that he did need to make sure that things stayed calm and neutral for this day. All of Nash's kids and his stepson Nate were there and Jenson didn't want them upset on the day they laid their father to rest.
He headed over to Keegan.

Charisma pulled up on the drive at the estate. She got out of the car driven by one of the soldiers that had collected her from the airport. She took a deep breath as she looked at the house from the outside. It had been a while since she had been here, LA was not a happy place for her and the amount of people around today was making it a more tense time than usual.
She could already see how busy it was. She closed her eyes for a second and then walked in.

Shanae spotted Charisma straight away and headed over to her. She gave Charisma a hug. "I'm so glad you're here.."

"I would have come no matter what.. your dad meant a lot to me..."

"I know you definitely meant a lot to him." She replied and handed her the letter. "there are a bunch of letters dad had in his possession at the prison that he had written, one of them was addressed to you."