Blood

"... it probably was not a great time for me to leave LA." Jenson said as he sat in the Jacuzzi with Lena at the hotel.

"Raheem?." She said. "I want you to let me handle him...

"Well we needed to get on it quick as he is after the whole family.." Jenson said.
"And actually you won't have to get involved.. Marlon and Keegan are on it now.."

Lena frowned. "How?.."

"Word travels fast.. and Keegan wants to do his bit seeing as he wasn't around for Nash when he got sent down.."

"How are they going to get him..

"Baby.. you don't need to know that...

She sat up and looked at him from where she was resting against his chest. "I think I do.. what's the play?.." she asked him.

"Keegan managed to track down his wife and kids... they are on their way to where they are now.. because his lil family is tucked away in Detroit.. just the other side of the border...

"Is it wise for Keegan to go with how he is right now?... this is a woman and her children.. those babies are our blood...

"I don't care Lena!.. until Raheem drops all of this, everyone he holds dear has a huge target on their backs.." he said.
Lena was worried.

———-

".... So how you feeling nephew after being branded a psychopath.." Marlon said with a grin.

"I'm just jumping on that family train I guess and joining the rest of y'all..." he clapped back.

"Well, let me tell you it does get easier

"Well, let me tell you it does get easier.. once you've been diagnosed... I'm a better person now, a much better person..." Marlon sighed. "This family will get you fucked up... the whole family is brimming over with hidden demons... yo daddy too... but you know what I realised... it's stopped now... the ones that created the issues have gone... you are a great father, you're doing things the right way with yo kids... Skye is a good girl, Storm too, and in a way that is down to you... I didn't think I would ever say this... but you being around has changed this family... the whole family..."

Keegan looked at his uncle. "For real unc.. you feel that way?.."

"Yea I do... you like me have had yo shit to deal with... but you like me also have a lot of good in you... and I can see it, Nash can see it, even yo dad can..."
Keegan felt humbled to hear his uncle talk this way. He and Marlon had never really had a heart to heart before and it felt good to know that he wasn't alone in his struggles.

————-

Charisma sat in her car at the port. She looked out over the water. She was deep in thought about Keegan, her kids, her role in the business. She didn't realise until Damien appeared at her door that she had drifted into her own world for around 20 minutes. She popped the lock and Damien jumped in beside her. He looked at her. "Coley has an event he's attending tonight.. he will be there from 8.30 and he's taking 2 security with him... and me...
All of a sudden he stopped as his face smarted from a backhand to the face.
"Wow!.. woman that is the second time you've hit me in my damn face...