Fast tracked

"... get up Taylor..

Nash sat up in his cell, he was one of 5 death row inmates, he liked the peace and quiet of being here. He wasn't bothered by anyone at all, just the guards.
"What do I have to get up for man, it's Sunday..."

"It's Tuesday..

"Well, every day feels like a god damn Sunday up in this bitch.." he said as he stretched and looked at the guard. "Welcome to my humble abode.. what can I do for you?.."

"Your lawyer is downstairs... it's not good news.." the guard said and opened up his cell, he took his wrists and cuffed them, and then led him down to see his lawyer.

"Not good news... in what way?.."

"as much as I hate to say it because I really do like you, you kind of liven this place up

"as much as I hate to say it because I really do like you, you kind of liven this place up... they have brought your execution date forward, they've fast tracked you...

"What?" Nash said with a frown.

"Those higher up, the powers that be, want to make an example of you now they've got you here, they have wanted to be seen to be doing something against gangs and mafias for years and now you are here you have fallen right into their trap..."

Nash was led into a small dark room and was seated in front of his lawyer, his cuffs were removed and the guard stood just outside. "You've gotta be kidding me.." Nash said his face straight, staring at his lawyer.

"I'm sorry Nash.. they're moving things fast..

"How fast?.."

"One week...

He slammed his fists on the table. "You have got to get me the fuck out of here..."

"We're doing everything we can but we need a miracle, a fucking retraction of the evidence or something and it needs to happen fast.." his lawyer told him.

———-

"... he's about to spill his guts any time now..." Marlon said to Keegan as he gave Raheem a small break.

Keegan raised his eyebrows. "Man he needs to do this and quick.." he felt his cellphone buzz in his pocket, he pulled it out and looked at it. He was quiet and his eyes narrowed, as he saw the pics hit his cell one after the other.