39. This is what you get

!Trigger warning!

!Trigger warning!

Maddy's POV 

After the whole court situation, I went with the Pogues, making sure they had all arrived home safe and sound. 

Sarah kept crying the whole way back and all I could really do for the girl was hold her in my arms and tell her that we'd find a solution. Sadly she couldn't testify due to the fact that she was dating him or even married to him. But I knew I could and I would but not against Rafe. 

I sighed before saying goodbye to the gang and getting into my car, I dropped Kie off at her house. The young girl was also quite anxious, this whole situation was just a fucked up mess and all of our families hated our guts. 

After I had dropped Kie off, I decided to get back to my home and try to talk to my dad. I needed to know if he was mad at me because if he was he would do anything for the cops to not let me testify. 

It was a tricky situation since my dad had marked me as mentally ill previously and my drinking sessions the past weeks didn't really do me any better. I was still going to try and tell the police Leo pulled the trigger. 

It almost scared me how the tables have turned, first Leo was the one I would protect at any cost and now it was Rafe. He was the love of my life and I knew that he would do anything for me, just like I would do anything for him. 

I guess they were right, love made you go beyond humanity. 

I parked my car in our driveway, walking through the white hallway over to my father's studies. I knocked on the door, my heart racing in my chest before I pressed the handle down and opened the door. 

There he was, in a perfectly ironed dark grey suit as well as freshly cleaned black shoes. His dark hair slicked back to perfection. He looked up from the papers he was reading, giving me a hard stare. 

I gulped, feeling small under his stare but I remembered why I was here, to earn back his trust. 

I walked up to the table, making him lay the papers down on the wooden desk. The giant picture of our family was hung up neatly behind him, we had it painted after Leo's 18th birthday, we looked like a happy family. 

"Yes Madison?", my father asked with his usual cold voice. 

"Dad, I wanted to apologize for today, for not sitting with you and Mom", I explained my voice slightly lower than usual. 

"Why would you apologize?", he asked, the question almost surprising me. He wasn't mad. 

"I just wanted to sit with Sarah, you know because of her and John B", I explained looking at the man still surprised. 

"I know, Madison. I figured it was because of her and not because of those punks", my father explained clearly bored by our situation, his eyes traveling back to the papers he was just working on a minute ago.