13. Get a room

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

The next morning I felt empty or maybe even numb. The sky was grey, reflecting how I felt on the inside, it was the morning of midsummers and by the thought of having to smile the entire day, my stomach made a turn.

Even though JJ and I had texted a little bit last night about how we both felt sorry, his and Leo's words were replaying in the back of my mind. I was praying to God, that Leo was gone golfing or whatever so I wouldn't have to see him.

He would probably try to talk to me because it was always like that, he would insult me in any kind of way and then just try to talk it out but not after last night. He had basically called me a slut.

I sighed and sat up in my bed, looking outside, the grey sky would soon be replaced by the regular bright blue sky but for now, it was perfect.

I lifted my legs out of my bed and threw some workout clothes on. It had always been my favorite thing to do when my mind felt crowded.

I washed my face before heading downstairs, I had decided to go for a quick run before doing a whole workout, my body should look its best today.

-

The run really helped clearing my head and when I made my way back to the house, the sky had cleared up, just how I had predicted it.

I stepped inside the house only to be greeted by my mother. She had her hair slicked back as always but today it was even more perfect, which I thought could not be possible.

"Ah, Madison, there you are. We have to leave in four hours, okay?", she said placing her hands on my arms, "get ready honey, I want you to look your best".

"I have to finish my workout", I explained and she nodded before walking away again.

"Don't forget your breakfast!", my mother yelled from the other room. I sighed and made my way over to the stairs that lead into our basement.

"Mads, hey, can we talk?", my brother asked, he had probably heard my mother yell at me from the other room. I immediately rolled my eyes and tried to just ignore him but his hand caught my arm, "Please, I'm sorry. What I said wasn't right".

"Safe it, Leo. It has to come from something, at least now I know what you think of me", I sighed and released my arm from his grip.

I was majorly fed up with my brother's act, he couldn't just insult me and then think I would accept his apology the next morning. After escaping from his grip I started walking down the stairs.

"I'm sorry", he said but I just plugged my air pods back in and made my way into our home gym.

I started doing my workout, which was actually pretty good. If you've ever been sad or mad, you just know these are the best workouts and also the most therapeutic ones.

After I finished my workout the door opened and my father stepped inside in a perfectly ironed suit.

"Madison, honey, what was that fight all about?", he asked sitting on one of the benches while looking at me with his bright blue eyes. My father and I were actually sharing our eyes, I had the exact same color as he did.