57. I have a plan

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

Rafe and I's plan to escape Barbados, didn't go as planned, since the ferry took us exactly there. The ride over the sea made me realize that all this running around and drama was not for me anymore. I wanted peace, and I wanted to live a normal life.

The ferry stopped, the sun had already set. The air was still warm, it was always hot here, even more hot than in Outer Banks. The soft wind stroke over my bare arms, but it wasn't cold, it felt like a warm hug.

Rafe and I made our way out of the ferry, along with some other people that had their stop here. Rafe took my hand in his, guiding us outside.

"Good bye you two. And good luck, babies are a lot of work", the man who scanned our IDs chuckled.

"Thank you, Sir, we will try our best", Rafe giggled guiding me further. Placing his hand on my lower back while we walked through the streets.

As soon as we were out of the sight of the ferry, I quickly reached underneath my dress and pulled out the sweaters hidden underneath. Quickly my stomach went back to its flat form and the imagination of starting a family with Rafe faded as well.

"Finally, these clothes were stretching my dress", I sighed, looking down at the now stretched-out fabric on my stomach area.

"You can keep it for when we really have kids", Rafe explained without any hint of comedy lacing his voice.

There the butterflies came back in. Rafe and I's family, growing up in Outer Banks, no bad intentions and no drama. I would make sure that my kids grow up without this mad hunt that seemed to never end.

"I ordered us a taxi, the driver will be here shortly", Rafe explained looking around.

The streets were empty which was new for Barbados, usually, people would fill them until deep into the night. They would laugh, dance and drink, no matter what day.

But today was different, everyone seemed to be inside or somewhere else.

I leaned my head on Rafe's shoulder, hoping we could go home soon. "We will eventually leave this island, I promise", Rafe explained. I looked up at him, how could he know exactly what I was thinking.

"As long as I'm with you, it doesn't matter", I explained. Rafe placed his lips against mine softly. Only this made my stomach full of butterflies again, how was it even possible to be this in love with a person?

"Taxi for Cameron?", someone yelled over at us.

Rafe nodded and took my hand. The two of us made our way over to the car and got inside. Rafe told the driver our address and soon we took off.

I looked out of the window, I was not ready to be confronted by anyone of our families. To even explain what had happened to us made me want to laugh out loud, how was it possible that two people were this unlucky?