27. You're all I have left

Rafe's POV

Rafe's POV

After the entire incident had happened, my father thought it would be the best idea to lay low. I did what he wanted, obviously, because he was my father and he always knew what was best for us but I was done laying low. 

In the past 30 hours, I hadn't contacted Maddy because I wanted to give her time to calm down and because her phone got shattered by Leo. I felt bad for what I did but I only did it because of my dad. 

"Rafe, where are you going?", Rose asked right as I made my way towards the door of our house. 

"I'm going to talk to my girlfriend", I replied annoyed. Why would I have to explain where I was going? I wasn't the bad guy, John B was. 

"Rafe, your father said you can't leave the house as long as John B is still free", Rose explained annoyed while coming up to me. 

"I have to see her", I mumbled before pushing her out of my way and walking out of the door. 

"Rafe! Rafe! Rafael!", I heard Rose yell probably scared that she lost me and what my father would say about it but I couldn't care less. 

I started making my way through the dark streets of Outer Banks, when I noticed several cop cars pull up next to me and stop in front of Kelce's house. 

"What the hell?", I muttered and started jogging towards the scenery. 

"Hey, I think they've got him trapped in there", a random woman explained to her friend, catching my attention. Did the police really catch John B that quickly? I thought Pogues could run faster. 

"It's John B, John B Routledge", another lady explained to the crowd which had formed in front of Kelce's house. 

"All right, John B!", Sheriff Shoupe started talking through a megaphone, "It's Shoupe out here! We got you surrounded, we don't want any more bloodshed! We're coming in".

After a few silent moments and everyone watching the Sheriff get ready to walk in, I decided to get the crowd a little more excited, "Remember the fallen Sheriff!". 

"Yeah! That's right, kill that son of a bitch!", Leo's voice yelled making a smile spread on my face. Leo was here too. 

He made his way up to me giving me a light shove, "Cameron". 

"Sup Dude. How you doin'?", I asked turning around to look at my best friend. 

"I'm good, just on my nightly walk, and you bro?", he asked with a smirk laying on his face. 

"I'm good, on my way to your sister, actually", I explained. 

"Oh damn, our father locked her up in her room. Good luck with that", Leo chuckled before we turned back to what was happening in front of us. 

"He went out of the back!", a deputy started yelling. 

Leo and I shared a glance, no way in hell did this rat escape all of these deputies.