51. Lets make a deal

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

The next few days went by slowly. Most of my time I spend by the pool, getting a nice tan in even though I was already pretty tan, the sun made me happy. 

Rafe had been doing a lot of business stuff, searching for potential buyers and people that could be interested in a piece like the cross. The cross was our way out, our way back to the island, and our way back to our lives. 

I was tanning, my head resting on the soft sunbed underneath me as a tall shadow blocked the sun from tanning my body. I pulled my sunglasses down and was met by my beautiful boyfriend. 

"You're blocking the sun", I teased smiling up at him. 

His smirk was so cute that I could have eaten him right then and there. 

Rafe chuckled and shook his head slightly, "I found someone that wants to take a look on the cross".

I quickly sat up and removed the dark sunnies from my head, "Wait what? Who?"

"Some guy called Michel, he and his assistant will travel over from France. We'll have a meeting tomorrow at 1 PM. I want you to be there as well, alright?", Rafe asked sitting down by my feet. 

"Sure, of course". 

"Good. Our dads are out, handling some business from here so we'll have to do it with Rose since your mom is with Leo", Rafe explained. 

I nodded slowly, "Do our dads know that we're selling the cross?"

"Who cares", Rafe whispered placing a soft kiss on my lips. 

"Oh god, this will make hell break loose. And do you really think this Michel guy will buy the cross?", I asked looking at the beautiful boy in front of me.

"Well he won't buy it but he will help us find a client. He apparently has several clients all over the world who could be potential buyers", Rafe explained. 

"I'm proud of you", I smiled. 

"It's not sold yet Baby", Rafe chuckled. 

"No but there are potential buyers out there, which means us leaving this island is closer than we've thought", I smiled. 

Rafe placed his big hand on my cheek, making me look deeply into his eyes. His cold ring making my hot skin shiver slightly. 

"We're so close to going back and starting new. Starting together", Rafe smiled before placing his lips on mine. The kiss was sweet, something in Rafe has seemed to have shifted ever since the incident on the boat. 

I feel like he had been a lot better, and for everyone wondering, he was actually clean. No drugs, yeah a bit of alcohol but not excessively. 

"You need to put on a cute outfit but make it business. We'll sell this goddamn cross Baby", Rafe explained before getting off of the sunchair.